Fish Amnesty Day
Add Reply
David Dalton
2024-09-28 06:00:13 UTC
Saturday September 28 is Fish Amnesty Day
(fourth Saturday in September each year) .
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill;
And the hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand" (Ferron)
David Dalton
2024-09-28 16:12:06 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Saturday September 28 is Fish Amnesty Day
(fourth Saturday in September each year) .
Ha, but I have to male a large pot of chowder tonight
for a family potluck tomorrow.

But there won’t be any salmon in it. :-)
David Dalton
2024-09-29 23:07:49 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Saturday September 28 is Fish Amnesty Day
(fourth Saturday in September each year) .
Well, I don’t seem to have been released from
my low/working years yet.

Today (September 29) is Michaelmas (St. Michael’s Day)
and also the related National Poisoned Blackberries Day,
which is related to a tale of the devil spitting on blackberries
after his fall into a bramble patch after Archangel Michael
expelled him from heaven. And of course my naked thorn
hill climb overnight Sept. 5/6, 1991 was over thick bramble vines
up a steep hill. Also my Ph.D. supervisor’s name is Michael,
and he, like many in Europe, celebrates his name day. But
I don’t think my minor deity Valakhilya is Archangel Michael,
but it could be.
David Dalton
2024-09-29 23:35:02 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by David Dalton
Saturday September 28 is Fish Amnesty Day
(fourth Saturday in September each year) .
Well, I don’t seem to have been released from
my low/working years yet.
Today (September 29) is Michaelmas (St. Michael’s Day)
and also the related National Poisoned Blackberries Day,
which is related to a tale of the devil spitting on blackberries
after his fall into a bramble patch after Archangel Michael
expelled him from heaven. And of course my naked thorn
hill climb overnight Sept. 5/6, 1991 was over thick bramble vines
up a steep hill. Also my Ph.D. supervisor’s name is Michael,
and he, like many in Europe, celebrates his name day. But
I don’t think my minor deity Valakhilya is Archangel Michael,
but it could be.
Also it will soon be September 30, which in Canada is the
National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, also known
as Orange Shirt Day, which from Wilipedia is "a Canadian day
of memorial to recognize the atrocities and generational impact
caused by the Canadian Indian residential school system”.

And it is also Blasphemy Day, which from Wikipedia “educates
individuals and groups about blasphemy laws and defends freedom
of expression, especially the open criticism of religion which is
criminalized in many countries”.