FROM BAPTIST TO LUTHERAN TO METHODIST TO....
arah
2007-05-15 15:51:26 UTC
Islam growing fast in America

In the US, where Muslims number over six million, the Islamic faith
has in many estimates surpassed Judaism and is believed to be the
second largest religion in America. Anayat Durrani profiles some new
US converts to Islam

Islam, a religion that was for centuries believed to have been 'spread
by the sword' is currently the fastest growing religion in the United
States and in the world. Adherents to the Islamic faith number 1.2
billion worldwide. And growing... In the United States, where Muslims
number over six million, the Islamic faith has in many estimates
surpassed Judaism and is believed to be the second largest religion in
America after Christianity. While part of the rise in the population
of Muslims in the United States is due to immigration, the phenomenal
growth of Islam in the past 10 years has come from an increasing
number of Americans converting to Islam from other religions.

Muslim leaders estimate that half the number of American converts to
Islam come from the African-American community. Twenty-two-year-old
Leslie Jordan is a recent convert to Islam. "I decided that I wanted
to convert to a religion whose beliefs were like mine and whose
practices would compliment the life I wanted to lead and help to
exemplify my beliefs." Jordan, who changed her name to Thanaa
("thankfulness"), studied Islam for seven months, often cross-
referencing with the Talmud and Bible. She was convinced that Islam
was the truth. "Conversion for me has not been too difficult as I have
truth in the verses of the Holy Qur'an and in the Hadith."

Islam continues to draw followers at an estimated rate of 135,000
converts per year. During the Gulf War alone, it was reported that
approximately 3,000 Americans converted to Islam.

American women make up the second largest group of converts to Islam.
Dani Black converted to Islam in March of 1997. Originally a Catholic,
Black studied one religion after another, from Buddhist to
Pentecostal. She remained unsatisfied until her search led her on the
path to Islam. "Finally, Allah (SWT) made a way for me to find the
truth." Black, who now goes by the name of Khadijah, said her husband
converted to Islam shortly after she did. "We both are very happy."

At the rate that Islam is spreading, demographers predict that by the
year 2025 one out of four people in the world will be Muslim.

Forty-eight-year-old Everett Ferguson, now Luqman Abdullah-Wajid, was
introduced to Islam at the age of 20. In his youth, Abdullah-Wajid did
not follow any religion nor did he believe in God. "As I studied
Islamic beliefs, I was struck by how they were in harmony with
reason," he says. "Islam's clarity, logic, and authenticity leave me
feeling very grateful."

The increase in the number of American Muslims may be a result of the
presence of more mosques and Islamic centers that are sprouting up in
several cities across the United States. There are approximately 2,000
mosques, Islamic centers and schools in the country. Non-Muslims are
often invited to mosques and Islamic centers where they are provided
with information about Islam.

James was raised a Baptist and during his childhood attended Baptist,
Lutheran and Methodist churches. While in law school, he accompanied a
classmate and attended Catholic church. It wasn't until his 30s that
James says he began to study religion seriously. "I studied briefly
with the Original Hebrew Israelites, before getting a copy of the Holy
Qur'an," he says. "After reading it, I was touched in my soul and many
of the questions that I had throughout my life were answered. I knew
that I had to make a decision." At the age of 33, a Muslim co-worker
took James for a visit to a local mosque. "I was so moved that I took
my shahada right then and there."

Converting to a new faith is not always a smooth transition. The
difficulties new Muslims face after conversion often arise from family
and friends. For Thanaa, her conversion was not easily accepted. "The
most difficult part for me has been trying to explain my choice to
change to family and friends who are not familiar with what Islam is
really about." Thanaa says that only her mother, sister and boyfriend
have accepted her conversion. James also experienced similar
difficulties when he became a Muslim. He says that his wife is the
only one in his family with misgivings about his decision. "My wife,
who is still Christian, still does not understand why I converted, and
was upset. Inshallah, Allah will soften her heart."

Islam's increasing numbers in recent years could be a sign that
attempts at educating the American public about Islam by several
American-based Muslim organizations have been working. For many years,
Islam was not as well represented in the Judeo-Christian society of
the United States. However, in recent years several organizations such
as the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), and the American
Muslim Council (AMC), among several others, have been successful in
reaching the media and educating Americans about the real Islam.

The continued growth in the number of converts to Islam should finally
put to rest the myth that Islam was ever 'spread by the sword'. The
great number of adherents to the Islamic faith is evidence enough of
Islam's powerful message.

"Becoming a Muslim is the best thing that has happened in my life,"
James says.

Anayat Durrani is a freelance journalist based in Los Angeles, Calif.
Pastor Steve Winter
2007-05-15 16:16:33 UTC
Post by arah
Islam growing fast in America
See http://www.thereligionofpeace.com

and http://www.allahislam.com

and http://www.frontpagemag.com

Pastor Winter
--
Apostolic Oneness Pentecostal /*/ PreRapture Ministry
http://www.apostolic.biz for Bible studies (text and audio)
http://tinyurl.com/mxu7o for trinity is antichrist sermon
Dr. R. Knapp
2007-05-15 16:44:38 UTC
Post by arah
Islam growing fast in America
In the US, where Muslims number over six million, the Islamic faith
has in many estimates surpassed Judaism and is believed to be the
second largest religion in America. Anayat Durrani profiles some new
US converts to Islam
Which is the first false largest religion, if Islam is the second
one? I think the Buddist have more numbers then just six million. I
like to see the number of Islamics that converted to Christianity, as
most of the Islamic folks are inported and are not converts from the
USA.
d***@hotmail.com
2007-05-15 17:26:20 UTC
Post by arah
Islam growing fast in America
Dear Arah,

I am afraid that it is written that Islam is a false religion created
by Satan.

Amen
arah
2007-05-16 03:40:24 UTC
My dear dpydot,

Tell me why you accused that Islam is created by Satan.?

There are many verses in the Quran that advised us to beware of the
Satan

2:168 O MANKIND! Partake of what is lawful and good on earth, and
follow not satan's footsteps: for, verily, he is your open foe,

2:208 O you who have attained to faith! Surrender yourselves wholly
unto God, [191] and follow not satan's footsteps, for, verily, he is
your open foe.

2:268 satan threatens you with the prospect of poverty and bids you to
be niggardly, whereas God promises you His forgiveness and bounty; and
God is infinite, all-knowing,

3:155 Behold, as for those of you who turned away [from their duty] on
the day when the two hosts met in battle - satan caused them to
stumble only by means of something that they [themselves] had done.
[117] But now God has effaced this sin of theirs: verily, God is much-
forgiving, forbearing.

3:175 It is but satan who instils [into you] fear of his allies: [133]
so fear them not, but fear Me, if you are [truly] believers!

4:38 And [God does not love] those who spend their possessions on
others [only] to be seen and praised by men, the while they believe
neither in God nor in the Last Day; and he who has satan for a soul-
mate, how evil a soul-mate has he! [49]

4:76 Those who have attained to faith fight in the cause of God,
whereas those who are bent on denying the truth fight in the cause of
the powers of evil. Fight, then, against those friends of satan:
verily, satan's guile is weak indeed! [90]

4:119 and shall lead them astray, and fill them with vain desires; and
I shall command them - and they will cut off the ears of cattle [in
idolatrous sacrifice]; and I shall command them - and they will
corrupt God's creation!" [141] But all who take satan rather than God
for their master do indeed, most clearly, lose all:

5:90 O YOU who have attained to faith! Intoxicants, and games of
chance, and idolatrous practices, and the divining of the future are
but a loathsome evil of satan's doing:' [105] shun it, then, so that
you might attain to a happy state!

:71 SAY: "Shall we invoke, instead of God, something that can neither
benefit us nor harm us, and [thus] turn around on our heels after God
has guided us aright? -like one whom the satans have enticed into
blundering after earthly lusts, the while his companions, trying to
guide him, call out unto him [from afar] , [63] `Come thou to us!"'
Say: "Verily, God's guidance is the only guidance: and so we have been
bidden to surrender ourselves unto the Sustainer of all the worlds,

So if Islam was created by Satan all the above statements shouldn't be
in the Quran

Cheers
Amen
Pastor Steve Winter
2007-05-16 05:37:09 UTC
Post by arah
Tell me why you accused that Islam is created by Satan.?
There are many verses in the Quran that advised us to beware of the
Satan
See also these sites:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com

http://www.allahislam.com

http://www.terrorismawareness.org

Pastor Winter
john w <johnw@yahoo.com>
2007-05-15 18:04:47 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
On 15 May 2007 08:51:26 -0700, arah <***@gmail.com> wrote:
© 2007 John D Weatherly all rights reserved; no portion of this post
may be used anywhere else without written permission of the author.
Post by arah
Islam growing fast in America
In the US, where Muslims number over six million, the Islamic faith
has in many estimates surpassed Judaism and is believed to be the
second largest religion in America.
All you are doing is telling us about a fulfillment of Bible prophesy!

Thanks!

:-)

Yhwh and Christianity win again!

:-)

KlugeHans
2007-05-16 04:34:56 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, john w
<johnw<no>@yahoo.com> wrote:

.
Post by john w <***@yahoo.com>
All you are doing is telling us about a fulfillment of Bible prophesy!
Thanks!
Dear Lord

Beam him up

He's gone bonkers

In Jesus Name

Amen

Woosh!
Rod
2007-05-17 23:08:52 UTC
Post by arah
Islam growing fast in America
In the US, where Muslims number over six million, the Islamic faith
has in many estimates surpassed Judaism and is believed to be the
second largest religion in America.
It would be nice if the men of this religion would show as much
respect and reverance for the rights that Islam grants to women
as they do for themselves, but until the muslim men do they shall
remain hypocrites and traitors to their own faith !

Rod