“I’m afraid” and I need your help.
guardian Snow
2009-11-08 21:48:24 UTC
“I’m afraid” and I need your help. You can’t let this just roll by as
another topic you ignore, if you agree, say so and ask friends to
join. United we stand, divided we fall. What would your heavenly
Father say about the media you watch?

Mat 6:23 “But if your eye is evil, all your body shall be darkened.
If, then, the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that
darkness!

What would he say if he saw the shooter games kids play, that your
money buys?

“I am a sniper and always hit the mark, a paid assassin working after
dark…
Don't you know that killing is my business... and business is good
You better believe it.”
Megadeth

How many deadly shooting rampages does it take before all of us WAKE
UP and realize that we are paying for the bullets? Not directly but by
buying into the medium that creates, promotes and glorifies FEAR,
Music that glorifies death and video games that teach people to
rampage our money goes to create more of the things we don’t want.

2010, Occultist believe this is the, “Dawn of the New World Order”.

2012, is the end of the Mayan calendar on December 21, 2012 with a
celestial pagan sign of the “grand cross alignment” to occur on this
date. A recently heavily advertised movie, “2012” is based on
supposed “prophecies” of major catastrophes occurring on this date.

From “The Stand” to “The Day after Tomorrow” the world has filled
itself with tales of destruction, death and end of the world scenarios
that catapult ordinary people to being respected leaders that in some
way saves a remnant of humanity. Death of billions, destruction of
civilization, serial killers.. entertainment how do these things get
stringed together and include participation of believers of the
scriptures?

Pro 8:36 “But he who sins against me injures himself; All who hate me
LOVE DEATH!”

A tragic situation has arisen where the vast majority of people do
not recognize their own divinity and by extension, their own greatness
that they already possess. Isn’t it “entertaining” to see a movie that
makes the death of a billion people a sideline story as we focus on
the selfish self preservation of the “hero” with the logic of “Who
cares as long as I survive” as the theme.

From Harp weapons and biological weapons to mind control, a lot of
people are dreaming up ways to kill off humanity or enslave them.
Killers are cropping up on a daily bases looking to take as many
people with them as possible and societies answer by making more
horrific mind viruses promoting FEAR from the daily newsroom to your
living room.

Jas 3:9 With it we bless our Elohim and Father, and with it we curse
men, who have been made in the likeness of Elohim.

People call destroying the very image of our creator (other people)
entertainment, every time they pay for a horror movie! Have you ever
thought about just how evil and Satanic that is?

Paraskavedekatriaphobia - Fear of Friday the 13th.
From the serial killer series, “Friday the 13th” to “Halloween”
occultist sell us stories of destruction with days and dates to
instill fear.

Chronophobia - Fear of time.
From “The Omen” being released on 6/6/06, fear of dates and times
projecting hysteria inundate western culture or have we forgotten
“Y2K” was first promoted in the movie, “Strange Days” and followed up
by made for TV movies and then we have, “The day after Tomorrow”
released during the Reagan administration promoting Nuclear
holocaust.

These fears being projected in the media become part of the world
psyche and the worse part about it is that heading the lines into
theaters around the world are those very people that are suppose to
love and choose life, believers of the scriptures.

Ecclesiophobia - Fear of church.
It seems hard to imagine that this is an actual phobia but it is…
maybe by extension it arises from fear of being judged, I don’t know
and it’s sad because church is the one place people should never be
afraid.

Ecophobia - Fear of home.
Some homeless people actually suffer from this phobia because of
tragic loss in their lives and they feel, if they don’t have a home,
they can’t lose one and by extension this also extends to
relationships… You can’t have your heart broken if you don’t love
anybody.

Agoraphobia - Fear of the outdoors, crowds or uncontrolled social
conditions.
Some people have become so afraid of the world outside that they fear
even leaving their own home because they are unable to control events
around them. What about the little lady down the street? Instead of
filling her television with messages that tell her it’s safe, we
sensationalize murder and the evening news confirms it. What kind of
future are you buying for your children watching “Saw 5” or “Hostel
3”?

Deu 30:19 “I have called the heavens and the earth as witnesses today
against you: I have set before you life and death, the blessing and
the curse. Therefore you shall choose life, so that you live, both you
and your seed.

Have you ever not walked down a dark alley at night time? You
shouldn’t think you are immune to irrational fear. Ever gone out of
your way to avoid certain areas of the city?

The underlying theme in all these phobias is FEAR and we continue to
pay for it. What you might see as “harmless entertainment”, might be
the very thing that pushes somebody else over the edge. From
Arachnophobia [Fear of spiders] to Xenophobia [Fear of foreigners]
shows seek to push every boundary of the imagination that permanently
scars a part of human consciousness. The mind becomes a burial ground
of our own self fulfilling prophecies by the mediums we pay for and we
call its art.

“Since mankind's dawn a handful of oppressors have accepted the
responsibility over our lives, responsibility that we should have
accepted ourselves. By doing so, they took our power. By doing
nothing, we gave it away.”
V for Vendetta

The ironic thing is that if YOU wanted to make the world a better
place, you wouldn’t have to do a thing. The only thing we would have
to do is NOT go to the church of Satan and pay for movies that promote
death and destruction. If horror movies and “apocalyptic” genres
don’t make money and if YOU and I stop contributing towards it, they
will disappear. If they didn’t make a profit, they would stop making
it.

Stop buying violent games, satanic music and paying for your own
destruction.

Gal 5:13 For you, brothers, have been called to freedom, only do not
use freedom as an occasion for the flesh, but through love serve one
another.
Gal 5:14 For the entire Torah is completed in one word, in this, “You
shall love your neighbour as yourself.”

Prince once said something like this, “Very few of mankind's creations
are designed to make you feel good, unless you get pleasure from
seeing the human body desecrated by guns, explosions, fights, and any
other of these things these so- called "artists" create. In the name
of freedom, many have used art as a means to destroy the human mind.
As an excuse to continue we hear

"Art reflects society".

How many times has this lie been repeated: "these creations are not
real", they say this and yet any one of you can call to mind images
and complete scenes of utter horror in graphic detail. They will
carry these so-called "unreal" creations around with them for the rest
of their lives. These images are now a part of their being. In the
name of RECREATION these people in fact are re-creating themselves in
their own images.”

SOCIETY THEN REFLECTS ART. “

The medium we choose is then internalized and either darkens or
lightens the beholder of the eye and incorporates itself into our
spirit. We must exert our will at the gateway to the soul (the eye)
and not empower that which would destroys us, the darkness of our own
“art”.

“'Men have forgotten this truth,' said the fox. 'But you must not
forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.'
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the
heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the
eye.“
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)

“When you think about others before yourself and offer the love you
feel for all of life- First in your thoughts and then in your
actions- That’s how you make a connection to inspiration.”
Dr. Wayne Dyer

Respond directly:
http://groups.google.com/group/messianicYehoshua

http://www.isr-messianic.org/ <- download the scriptures free
or
http://messianicyehoshua.googlegroups.com/web/RNKJV.zip <--free
download of the Restored Names King James Version

Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and
responsibility to give something back by becoming more.
Tony Robbins
RWKnapp
2009-11-09 01:04:14 UTC
“I’m afraid” and I need your help.  You can’t let this just roll by as
another topic you ignore, if you agree, say so and ask friends to
join. United we stand, divided we fall. What would your heavenly
Father say about the media you watch?
I would think God would be happy with all the TV programs on Cable
that preach Jesus and worship the Lord. Then the News keeps us up
todate and lets us know who and what to pray for, not so bad either.
Then the rest can go into the trash and that would save some money and
get rid of evil.
Mat 6:23 “But if your eye is evil, all your body shall be darkened.
If, then, the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that
darkness!
So one walks in the LIGHT as Jesus is in the LIGHT so do that and you
will not have to worry about all that darkness, turn from your false
understand of the God of the Creation and Let LORD JESUS CHRIST teach
you and lead you, then His blood can clean you of ALL your sins and
darkness will be no more to worry about.

Your welcome, spend your money in the mission work to bring souls to
God, God does bless them that do obey Him.

Raymond
guardian Snow
2009-11-09 14:36:18 UTC
Post by RWKnapp
Post by guardian Snow
Mat 6:23 “But if your eye is evil, all your body shall be darkened.
If, then, the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that
darkness!
So one walks in the LIGHT as Jesus is in the LIGHT so do that and you
will not have to worry about all that darkness, turn from your false
understand of the God of the Creation and Let LORD JESUS CHRIST teach
you and lead you, then His blood can clean you of ALL your sins and
darkness will be no more to worry about.
I want your commitment NOT to attend horror movies or purchase
violent video game or allow your children to rot their brains with
shooter games and explicit music.

Will anybody join me in saying NO to VIOLENCE in the media?

In the past, people have argued that it should be the television and
media executives that reduce violence in programs and movies and this
makes no sense at all. Rather than wait for the fox watching the hen
house, we should be individually responsible for what we watch and
buy… In other words, “If you don’t like the show, change the
channel”.

The campaign against violence must speak to the individual and
illustrate the harmful effects of violence in the media in the modern
world. It’s non-sense to call for regulating industries when people
are still desire violent content and are willing to pay for it and
encourage it by passively watching free to air.

The only truly responsible action is INDIVIDUAL COMMITMENT to not
purchase violent content in any media form and that is what I am
asking for from all people, regardless of faith because when
confronted with the evidence against media violence, it becomes
apparent that we are destroying ourselves with art.

A brief case against media violence:

"Media violence not only increases aggression among viewers, it breeds
a callousness toward violence directed at others."

In 1994, Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders said "By portraying violence
as the normal means of conflict resolution, the media gives youth the
message that violence is socially acceptable and the best way to solve
problems. After 10 years of research, we know that a correlation
exists between violence on television and aggressive behavior in
children."

Research results in two different studies strengthen Elders'
statement.

One study shows that "two years after television was introduced to the
remote city of Notel, Canada, physical aggression in children in the
area increased 160 percent".

Once televison arrived in South Africa, the homicide rates among
whites, which had been in the decline, increased 130 percent in twelve
years. (Goodwin, 49) There may have been other factors which
contributed to the increase in violence, but, these studies show that
television does have an impact on youth behavior.

Dr. Dimitri Christakis of Seattle Children's Hospital Research in a
December 8, 2008 interview, says, “Watching violent cartoons increases
real life aggression. Decades of research have proven that children
imitate what they see on screen – this includes both undesirable and
desirable behaviors”

Research shows a strong link between media violence and the way
children behave. Exposure to screen violence increases real world
aggression. Also, children frequently exposed to violence on
television are indifferent towards real life violent experiences.
Children become immune to the pain and suffering of others. Children
don't have much experience in the real world; that is why it is hard
for them to distinguish between fantasy and reality. Consequently,
they imitate what they see.

As a member of The Children's Broadcast Institute, Toronto child
psychiatrist Dr. Arlette Lefebrve was actively crusading against the
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (a show which was eventually taken off
the air; but not necessarily due to violent content). She found
following examples of the impact the show had on younger viewers: "A
six-year-old boy wearing a turtle costume stabbed a friend in the arm
for not returning a borrowed toy; A three-year-old boy picked up the
family cat and swung it around his head like a Turtle hero wielding a
weapon. When his mother tried to intervene, the boy said "It's just
like Michelangelo".

When an ad is shown on TV, no one expects that it will sell the
product to everybody. If the ad influences only 1% of viewers, it is
considered to be a great success (Medved, 1995). Suppose violent media
make only 1% of the population more aggressive. Should society be
concerned about a percentage so small? The answer is a resounding
"Yes!" Suppose 10 million people watch a violent TV program. If only
1% of the viewers will become more aggressive afterward, then the
violent TV program will make 100,000 people more aggressive! Because
so many people are exposed to violent media, the effect on society can
be immense even if only a small percentage of viewers are affected by
them. It takes only one or two affected students to wreak murderous
havoc in a school.

Much of this material is available on several web sites:
http://www.bluecorncomics.com/grossman.htm

From an interview with Jamie Rouse after he killed a teacher and a
student at his school in Lynnville, Tenn. In the LA Times, 4/22/00:

"In the 10th grade, that's when I started wearing all black. I wasn't
aware of the Gothic look when I was doing it. Part of it was the anti-
God attitude. But it [also] reflected how I felt. Dark. I listened to
evil music and dark music, and that was part of it too.

"The 10th grade was when I went from heavy metal to death metal." From
Alice in Chains, Megadeth and Pantera to Obituary, Deicide and Napalm
Death. "I think I bought a Marilyn Manson tape after that. It's evil
heavy metal, I guess you'd call it. Straight-out hating God. The one
song that I listened to over and over was 'Diary of a Madman' by the
Gravediggaz. It was about these people going off and killing these
other people."

The day before he shot two people, Rouse argued with a girl. As he
recalls it:

"I went back to my truck, [and] I was listening to Morbid Angel, the
particular song called 'Hatework,' [and] of course, after I listened
to my music again, it was back to anger again.

"I just went home. I took my portable Discman in the house and
listened to it and went to bed. I mainly listened to one song:
Gravediggaz' 'Diary of a Madman.'

"I'd get extremely angry, and in a split second I'd feel like crying,
and then I would go back to being extremely angry. I was listening to
the music until I went to sleep."

The next day Rouse went on a shooting rampage at his school. He says
he felt nothing that day and doesn't know why he did it.
guardian Snow
2009-11-10 13:47:55 UTC
Post by guardian Snow
I want your commitment NOT to attend horror movies or purchase violent
video game or allow your children to rot their brains with shooter
games and explicit music.
Will anybody join me in saying NO to VIOLENCE in the media?
Does it include your religious oral VIOLENCE in the newsgroups?
Suggestion:Turn your TV OFF. Nobody is forcing you to watch TV.
Will anybody join me in saying NO to SNOWS VIOLENCE in the NGs?
John chapter 17.
“Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.” We use to
sing that song at the start of every church service. To quote a more
recent artist:

“I’m looking at the man in the mirror, I’m asking him to change his
ways.”

Violence occurs when it is seen as a solution to the problem of the
individual conducting the violence. Violence seems acceptable as a
solution to those that see the only solution is to hurt somebody else
so that a view point can prevail.

“Violence and arms can never resolve the problems of men. “
Pope John Paul II

My last discussion, I asked, “If Jesus was Dead, who raised him?” The
best answer I got back was, “The Holy Trinity”. The problem with this
answer, in my opinion is that Yehoshua that you know as Jesus is that
trinity and so the conclusion of the answer by my Christian friend is
that, Dead Jesus raised himself according to Trinity practicing
Christians.

They say, “Jesus is God that should be worshiped” and I disagree. The
strongest evidence of this deity is by Thomas in the book of John.

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Master and my
Mighty One.

A very recent statement to me said,

“The Lord Jesus Christ IS NOT A MERE MAN. NO CHRISTIAN would worship
a man, at least not for very long, when someone would set him straight
on it.”
Bob

I couldn’t agree with you more Bob but then, I’m not a Christian, “I’m
a Messianic” and what this means is that I worship only YAHWEH, the
deity of the “Old Testament” and Moses makes it clear that this deity
is not a man or the son of man.

Num 23:19 El is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man,
that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath
he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Now, I recognize that from a perspective this might be taken in
another sense as I am sure my Trinity Christians brother do and… I
respect this point of view.

The fact that we can disagree is healthy. The fact that we can agree
to disagree is a solution that ends the never ending debate, the
baseless attacks or the idea that somehow if one person doesn’t force
all the other people to accept your statements as complete truth, you
have failed.

The idea that trinity Christians disagree with Yehoshua being simply a
prophet that has authority and power given to him by a higher power,
YAHWEH, is absolutely evident but…

I do not see the need to force Bob or any of them to subscribe to my
point of view and I see no need to forcefully go around calling
anybody that doesn’t agree with me “an idiot” or any of the other
negative names they seem to toss around on a daily bases.

Psa 44:20 If we have forgotten the Name of our Elohim, Or stretched
out our hands to a foreign mighty one, 21 Would Elohim not search this
out? For He knows the secrets of the heart.

Everything is purposed and created by Elohim to test us and so, for
trinity Christians to have the belief that they have does not mean
they are “going to hell” or facing damnation and for me to say
anything of that accord means that I am attempting to be my brothers
judge.

Jas 3:9 With it we bless our Elohim and Father, and with it we curse
men, who have been made in the likeness of Elohim. 10 Out of the same
mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brothers, this should not be
so.

While it may trouble other people that I feel no need to correct what
I believe to be a grievous error on his part, I also know that he will
learn his lessons in the time that he is ready.

Isa 55:7 Let the wrong forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his
thoughts. Let him return to Yahweh, who has compassion on him, and to
our Elohim, for He pardons much. 8 “For My thoughts are not your
thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares Yahweh. 9 “For as
the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your
ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.

Now, many people are adamant that at some points in scriptures, they
imply that violence is needed with our children and I’ve had a long
hard look at this topic. One of the scriptures used to promote
spanking children is:

Pro 23:13 Do not withhold discipline from a child; If you beat
[punish] him with a rod, he does not die.
Pro 23:14 Beat him with a rod And deliver his being from the grave.

The English word beat is also translated “punish” [Lev 26:24] and the
word “rod” is a symbol of leadership, like a king’s scepter. Because
the TRANSLATORS believed in beating children, they conveyed this idea
but the reality of this passage is that it can be taken as simply
given strong council.

H5221
נכה
nâkâh
naw-kaw'
A primitive root; to strike (lightly or severely, literally or
figuratively): - beat, cast forth, clap, give [wounds], X go forward,
X indeed, kill, make [slaughter], murderer, punish, slaughter, slay (-
er, -ing), smite (-r, -ing), strike, be stricken, (give) stripes, X
surely, wound.

I find it interesting that this word can be translated anywhere from
kill to wound or punish, which may not include physical violence at
all. Translators pretend to know based on context but reality is the
translating Hebrew is a much more complex undertaking then simple word
for word translations… this is probably why Jews opposed the books
being translated in the first place.

Pro 13:24 He who spares his rod [leadership] hates his son, But he who
loves him, seeks him with discipline.
Pro 19:18 Discipline your son because there is expectation, And do not
set your being on his destruction.
(Included to be comprehensive)

“Disciple” is also translated “instruct”. Seems like common sense but
when I examine the Hebrew text, I find no other support for the idea
of beating or spanking kids.

Pro 22:15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child; The rod
[leadership] of discipline drives it far from him.

Instead of translating the word as “rod”, it might just as well mean
“the leadership of discipline”. That would agree with, “monkey see,
monkey do”… possibly these scriptures like so many others is simply
telling you to set a good example for your children.

Setting the example is something that I strongly agree with because
every modern example I’ve seen of people using these scriptures are
those people who are effectively TYRANTS setting a bad example and
telling others, do as I say, not as I do and the fruit of this bad
teaching is rebellion in almost every instance.

I’m not saying there isn’t any place for corporal punishment but
violence is a poor solution, especially to children that simply don’t
understand.

I know my own Father use to spank me on a regular bases and I honestly
think it never really made a big difference in my life. We follow the
examples our parents set for us for good or bad unless we recognize
poor behavior and know to change it. The idea that violence is ever a
solution to problems must be pushed back to the back burner and every
other solution put first.

If we are to, “let the wrong forsake his way” then I don’t see why
that wouldn’t apply to my family and my child first. By allowing my
kids to make mistakes in life, as I did, they can learn from them and
what is important is that I provide LEADERSHIP and a EXAMPLE for them,
not a beating.

To put this argument another way, why would scriptures teach us to
“love our enemies”, “turn the other cheek”, “do onto others as you
would have them do to you” but beat your kids?

If we are to “love our neighbors” as ourselves, I’d say the same
applies to our children and I’m not looking to have them beat me, I’ll
set a good example and remove violence from their lives first.

In conclusion it really isn’t a wonder why so many people live in the
conflict view that we must crush our enemies when the poor translation
of scriptures leads us to believe that violence is a solution that
serves the purpose of YAHWEH. A closer examination of what is written
in Hebrew truly is lost on modern society.

Mat 7:12 “Therefore, whatever you wish men to do to you, do also to
them, for this is the Torah and the Prophets.

The bottom line is that I don’t want my heavenly Father coming down to
beat me so why would I teach other people to beat their children when
it should be the last option after all other tools of rearing children
are exhausted.

Num 6:24 “Yahweh bless you and guard you;
Num 6:25 Yahweh make His face shine upon you, and show favour to you;
Num 6:26 Yahweh lift up His face upon you, and give you peace.” ’

Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)

Every child senses, with all the horse sense that's in him, that any
parent is angry inside when children misbehave and they dread more the
anger that is rarely or never expressed openly, wondering how awful it
might be.
Benjamin Spock

Exo 20:7 “You do not bring the Name of 'Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh [translated
Yahweh] your Elohim to naught, for Yahweh does not leave the one
unpunished who brings His Name to naught.

The child supplies the power but the parents have to do the steering.
Benjamin Spock

Respond directly:
http://groups.google.com/group/messianicYehoshua

http://www.isr-messianic.org/ <- download scriptures free
http://messianicyehoshua.googlegroups.com/web/RNKJV.zip
Restored Names King James for E-sword

http://messianicyehoshua.googlegroups.com/web/Jubilees.pdf
Book of Jubilees

I believe that being successful means having a balance of success
stories across the many areas of your life. You can't truly be
considered successful in your business life if your home life is in
shambles.
Zig Ziglar
guardian Snow
2009-11-10 22:04:46 UTC
All manner of politicians justify their personal agendas for wealth
and power, by saying or implying that "God Almighty" wants it.
Murder, war, torture, violence, genocide, are just some of the
favorites.
The only thing Planned Parenthood prevents is pregnancy. Pregnancy is
not an illness abortion is a violent murder of the unborn child.
Planned Parenthood is in business to make money.

"We'd have a goal every month for abortion clients and for family
planning clients"
Abby Johnson, former affiliate director for Planned Parenthood.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=115476

A former affiliate director for Planned Parenthood, the nation's
largest abortion provider, says she decided she could no longer be
part of the industry after she watched an ultrasound of a baby being
aborted and realized it was fighting for its life.

Abby Johnson, who resigned as director of a Texas Planned Parenthood
branch, now is the target of a restraining order sought by the
organization.

Ron Paul said, “All initiation of force is a violation of someone
else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for
the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's
supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of
individuals.” The same applies to Abortion as it was asked, “Should
it be the litmus test”? A better question is “Should the murder of
innocent unborn children be the litmus test?”

Deu 19:10 That innocent blood be not shed in thy land, which YHVH thy
Elohim giveth thee for an inheritance, and so blood be upon thee.

Somebody complained that I took this passage out of context but the
fact is, it needs no context just like:

Exo 20:13 “You do not murder.”

Does this passage sound like it’s saying it’s alright to murder
sometimes? Why do people want to make excuses and bargain the demons?
Abortions not only kill the unborn child, they are killing the women
that have them! Maybe they don’t die on the operating table but I
tell you, IT KILLS their SOUL! Murder has become all to commonly
excepted in society and nobody has the guts to say STOP, IT’S a
COMMANDMENT that you don’t murder!

Gen 4:10 And He said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s
blood cries out to Me from the ground.

In the time that it took you to read this far into my post, ABORTIONS
will kill 120,000 Babies today alone around the world. This year
alone, so far the abortion clock is about to hit 40,000,000 unborn
children dead... have a look for yourself.

http://www.poodwaddle.com/clocks16.htm

That’s double the entire population of Wyoming in ONE WEEK, murdered
senselessly. More innocent children die before you have your
afternoon lunch then all the Americans that have died in 8 years of
war in Iraq. So if you think war in Iraq is killing people, look at
your own home town because thousand more die in the United States by
abortion then do war.

Psa 9:12 For He remembers the seekers of bloodshed, He does not forget
the cry of the afflicted.

By the time you have your lunch at noon, more Americans will have died
by abortion in ONE MORNING then all the people that died during 9/11!
FACT!

Since 1972, 43 million Americans never got a say in how they died
because they were aborted. They were never given a choice to live.

Pro 6:15 Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he
be broken without remedy.
Pro 6:16 These six things doth YHVH hate: yea, seven are an
abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed INNOCENT
BLOOD,

Do you think for even a second that your heavenly Father has seen the
innocent blood crying out from the land? Do you really think the
murder of innocents shouldn’t be a litmus test? We spend millions of
dollars everyday under the banner of “protecting Americans” and then
by the end of that same day, we murdered thousands by our vote.

I have no desire to negotiate with murderous people who sit around
making excuses to kill unborn children and then turn around and claim
to be “Christian”. More unborn babies died then all the Jewish
Holocaust plus all of World War 2 and Vietnam combined, killed in our
own local towns by abortion.

Stop making excuses to support candidates that support abortion, it’s
costing us millions of dollars more to murder the unborn and the toll
on the American conscience....

Yes, the opposition to murder should be a litmus test in a moral
society.

Is the repulsion and revulsion that is evoked by these travesties due
simply to the loss of life? Or is humanity’s outrage due to the fact
that lives were snuffed out unjustly and unfairly—that those lives
were “innocent” of any wrongdoing that their persecutors alleged as
justification to terminate their lives? If the former is true, why is
no great issue made of the death toll that takes place in the United
States every day? That figure stands at 6,674 (Sutton, 2003)—more than
two and a half times as many people as those who died on 9-11. That’s
how many people die every day in America—not to mention the thousands
who die every day around the world. Why do we feel no great heartache
for these multitudes—akin to that which we felt on the occasion of
9-11?

Isa 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your
Elohim, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not
hear. 3 For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with
iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered
perverseness.

Is it because you don’t hear the cries of the unborn still? YOU
WILL. Someday when your knee bends before your heavenly Father, he’s
going to ask you.. why didn’t you stop it? You had a say in a free
country and you voted for people that promoted murder of my unborn
children...

The mind has difficulty even comprehending 43,000,000 murdered
American babies—let alone envisioning the lost potential for good for
the entire human race. Make no mistake, the “hands that shed innocent
blood” (Proverbs 6:17) will one day face the consequences of their
actions (Ecclesiastes 12:14)

Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)

A test of a people is how it behaves toward the old. It is easy to
love children. Even tyrants and dictators make a point of being fond
of children. But the affection and care for the old, the incurable,
the helpless are the true gold mines of a culture.
Abraham Joshua Heschel

http://groups.google.com/group/messianicYehoshua <-- please join
http://www.e-sword.net/  Free bible software
RWKnapp
2009-11-10 22:39:31 UTC
Post by RWKnapp
Post by guardian Snow
Mat 6:23 “But if your eye is evil, all your body shall be darkened.
If, then, the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that
darkness!
So one walks in the LIGHT as Jesus is in the LIGHT so do that and you
will not have to worry about all that darkness, turn from your false
understand of the God of the Creation and Let LORD JESUS CHRIST teach
you and lead you, then His blood can clean you of ALL your sins and
darkness will be no more to worry about.
 I want your commitment NOT to attend horror movies or purchase
violent video game or allow your children to rot their brains with
shooter games and explicit music.
No you do not want my commitment, I gave it to you and your so blind
to the meaning of the Spirit of you missed it. Your remarks have
nothing to do with your walking in darkness, as your without Christ.
I do not attend such things that is what your kind does.
 Will anybody join me in saying NO to VIOLENCE in the media?
Your violence is rejecting the truth of the Lord JESUS CHRIST and so
all people joining you in some remarks in the media means nothing.
Without Jesus there is VIOLENCE in the world and one needs to obey
JESUS and Love God, nothing you post can do that as your biblical
training is full of errors.
In the past, people have argued that it should be the television and
media executives that reduce violence in programs and movies and this
makes no sense at all.  Rather than wait for the fox watching the hen
house, we should be individually responsible for what we watch and
buy… In other words, “If you don’t like the show, change the
channel”.
True believers do just that, seems you hang around with false teachers
and so you end up with such problems.
guardian Snow
2009-11-10 23:16:38 UTC
Post by RWKnapp
Post by RWKnapp
Post by guardian Snow
[...]
From wars to spousal abuse, violence dominates society. So many of us
are raised in the conflict view of society that says, “I’m right and
unless you agree with me, you’re an idiot” or “anti-christ”.
Ecc 1:2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities;
all is vanity.

Brennan Manning a Catholic priest, who was later quoted by Christian
music group DC Talk said, " The Greatest single cause of Atheism in
the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an
unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

I doubt that people realize or consider the ramifications of their
actions. More often then not people spend the time they have looking
at everybody else and being the judge of them so that they don’t have
to face the problems in their own lives.

What I find shocking is that while these are message boards about
religion, the main topic on most people’s minds are the other people
that post and religion is usually a subtitle or a weapon to be lashed
about like a bull in Spain. On a planet with 7 billion people, each
one of us wants to believe we’re “special” and unique. Maybe it’s a
downfall of religion that we go around trying to say my “God” is
bigger than your “God”. Christians, Judaism and Muslims all speak of
one “God” and yet each says the others are a false religion. Each
faith is built upon the Torah and each one has become something far
different from the original writings

My Christian brothers that spend there time ignoring every scripture
they preach. How often do I see in the anger of somebody calling
another person fool. Making enemies and treating people despicably
instead of actually discussing our faith, were not happy unless we are
attacking somebody and hence the title of this post.

Unless we disagree with the post or the title, we never take the time
to just say.. you know.. that was a nice post and I agree with you.
No.. Instead we attack the character of each other. It’s a very
depressing atmosphere where everybody is busy trying to show that they
are right and everybody else is wrong… I just happen to be the one
person that is always right. (JOKE)

Mat 10:25 “It is enough for the taught one to become like his teacher,
and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the
house Beʽelzebul, how much more those of his household!

Is it the fault of our religion that we all feel a want and need to be
special. To be that one person who leads the world out of harms way
and onto the right path? We all believe Elohim/”God” is our “God” and
how often are we called “antichrist”, devil or some other ridiculous
name. A guy in my home town once asked after a riot, “Why can’t we
just get along?”. Rodney King couldn’t have been closer to the truth
at any point in his life. Over 50 people died as a result of that
riot in L.A. alone and I remember those days all to clear.

Why do we have such a hard time just expressing our point of view and
then respecting what other people believe? I realize that all of you
are wrong and that I’m the one person with a true revelation. Unless
we learn to respect other peoples beliefs, regardless if it’s wrong or
not, we’re doomed as a race of people.

Why do we insist on playing “God” and being the judge of our
brothers? Why is it that so many Christians only respond when it’s a
hateful, hurtful response? Are we that hurt ourselves that we take
our depression out on anybody that dares to step into our line of
sight for attack? If the scriptures tell us to love our enemies,
where is that love?

I think atheist watch the way we behave as people of faith and by our
own bad example we are driving more people from the faith we profess
then bringing in. The topic of our conversations shouldn’t be each
other but the Elohim/”God” we profess we believe in. The comments
about how stupid somebody is should be reserved to not being put to
text.

But that's just my opinion. I'm nobody important or special.. Just
me.. One of 7 billion people on this somehow lonely planet.

It seems to me that we all have some type of "Messiah" complex that we
think we are the only inspired person that must lead Israel back to
the promise land. Albert Schweitzer said, “At times our own light
goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us
has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the
flame within us.”

Mat 10:38 “And he who does not take up his stake and follow after Me
is not worthy of Me.

Yehoshua that most know as Jesus Christ said to follow after him, to
emulate him and be like him and the scriptures say:

Isa 53:11 He would see the result of the suffering of His life and be
satisfied. Through His KNOWLEDGE My righteous Servant MAKES MANY
RIGHTEOUS, and He bears their crookednesses.

http://groups.google.com/group/messianicYehoshua
Come post a message please, I'd love to hear from you. While this is
a moderated forum, the only moderation will be to remove spam.

Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)

I saw my hometown burning that day.
Rodney King

If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great
person you might have been.
Robert H. Schuller

P.S., I don't believe I'm the Messiah. People see that title and
have
something they can argue about... that’s why I chose that title.

(Mar 16:2) (Mar 16:9) (Luk 18:12) (Luk 24:1)(Matt 28:1 on its second
instance)
(Joh 20:1) (Joh 20:19) (Act 20:7) (1Co 16:2) (Heb 4:9)
Each of these verses that have the word Sabbath removed.

http://www.isr-messianic.org/ <- download the scriptures free
guardian Snow
2009-11-11 02:45:43 UTC
Post by guardian Snow
My Christian brothers that spend there time ignoring every scripture
they preach.  How often do I see in the anger of somebody calling
another person fool.  Making enemies and treating people despicably
instead of actually discussing our faith, were not happy unless we are
attacking somebody and hence the title of this post.
Now i have to ask YOU as well--who are you calling your "Christian
brothers"?
Your theology is repudiated across the board here. You deny the writings
of paul, call paul a false prophet, declare we who follow his teachings
are pagans, teach we're not justifed by faith, but by keeping the 10
commandments, then you have the hypocrisy to call us "Christian
brothers"??
Who here is your "brother" that agrees with the gospel you follow?
Linda is closest, and she denounces you too.
I am not going to be so arrogant to think to tell Christians, “your
belief system is wrong”.. Rather, I say to my Christian brother, “If
your belief system works for you, I am happy for you but I have no
desire to share your understanding, so instead of arguing with me
about what you believe, go put your faith into practice.”

Jas 2:14 My brothers, what use is it for anyone to say he has belief
but does not have works? This belief is unable to save him.

A hypocrite is basically an actor playing a character, like in a movie
they act out and I have to wonder why would people bother to argue
with me when I make it clear, I have no desire for their belief? They
think they must prove me wrong but I believe my faith and I am
independent of their good opinion and so I speak accordingly which is
not to say I am beyond discussion but that I have certain truths I
know are well founded. The reason they do is because we have been
raised into a conflict view of society that evolves from capitalism.

The idea that one must “crush” the competition is wrong and that is
not capitalism. “Living to win” means that you seek to be better than
a competitor in the good opinion of other people, not a destroyer. A
poor idea, goods or service will naturally not be consumed by the mass
market.

That which I am against can only weaken me and so I am taught by
scriptures to oppose nothing of other peoples beliefs but rather to
simply go forth and speak the good news of Yehoshua Messiah and his
deity, YAHWEH.

I have made my fair share of mistakes but I hold to this truth that
many reject, ALL of you are sons of the most high, this is the
teaching of the scriptures, not a new age cult.

Psa 82:4 Rescue the poor and needy; Deliver them from the hand of the
wrong.
Psa 82:5 They do not know, nor do they understand, They walk about in
darkness. All the foundations of the earth are shaken.
Psa 82:6 I, I said, “You are elohim, And all of you are sons of the
Most High.

You, YOU have purpose and everything that you need will be given to
you in the right time according to the plan of the Almighty YAHWEH.
You are a divine creature, a spirit encased within a body.

I am dogmatic in my understanding for myself but you may not share my
understanding and that is fine for everything has a purpose, even your
disagreement with me but… I will not seek to impose my understanding
on others, rather, I speak the Good News and those who care to share
with me, will do so.

My understanding says that my Trinity based Christian brothers have
placed an incorrect focus on the Messiah’s death they call, “The
passion” rather than on his life, his ministry and his word. They
exist in the conflict view of that says one belief must dominate and
make subject all others and in this we see the makings of religious
wars, flamers and those who think this is an argument rather than a
statement.

“The conflict view asserts that only one strain of doctrine can assume
the commanding heights, and so all the progress of groups lower on the
faith chain depends on unseating others from power. Secular groups can
hold this view, believing that religion must be vanquished from the
earth, and so too with religious groups that believe secularism must
be destroyed.

This is why we hear about "breaking barriers" rather than encouraging
opportunity, about policies rather than freedom, about power rather
than entrepreneurship. For the media writing about all this, it is the
only intellectual model they have in mind. The conflict view of
society was taught to them in college and is reinforced daily in the
press. Also, unless you have some clear filter in mind, it seems like
the conflict view is supported by plenty of evidence, given that the
rise of the state has actually generated social antagonism where none
should exist.”
Llewellyn H. Rockwell

The common theme is, “Christ is the only savior” and yet, even the
Messiah himself never made such an absurd statement. In fact as my
brother, Yehoshua taught:

Joh 14:12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the
works that I do he shall do also. And greater works than these he
shall do, because I go to My Father.”

That you have the POTENTIAL to do even greater works than the Messiah
himself and to you who believe NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. I ask you now,
who is demonstrating the belief of the Messiah? Why would your works
be greater? Because the potential is so much greater now in this lost
and confused world to reach out to your brother, your neighbor or even
a stranger and lend a helping hand and do what is right in exercising
the power of your belief.

I do not say your belief is wrong but of what use is it by the
limitations you have placed? You have denied the very teachings of
Christ himself of your unlimited, divine nature!

Mar 10:27 And looking at them, YEHOSHUA said, “With men it is
impossible, but not with Elohim, for with Elohim all is possible.”

If you are WITH ELOHIM and all is possible then why can’t you be your
brother’s savior? Did not the Messiah teach that we too should take
up our cross and follow him? Is he not our example?

Joh 13:15 “For I gave you an example, that you should do as I have
done to you.

The idea that the Messiah is a sole savior excludes enlisting the aid
of that source of power and inspiration in your actions and becoming
one with the source. How often do Christians tell me that I deny John
when I see it from the opposite perspective? They cling to the same
tired dogma of a life of sin and limiting beliefs, afraid to step up
and simply do what is right, to be LIKE CHRIST. Until you believe in
your own magic, you will never manifest it. Do you not have the
ability to heal people and saves lives… why not? This ability is given
to men…

Mat 9:8 And when the crowds saw it, they marvelled and praised Elohim
who had given such authority to men.

Are you not a son of the most high EL YAHWEH?

Psa 82:6 I, I said, “You are elohim, And ALL of you are sons of the
Most High.

Were you NOT created in his image?

Gen 1:26 And Elohim said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to
Our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea, and over the
birds of the heavens, and over the livestock, and over *all the earth*
and over all the creeping creatures that creep on the earth.”

Did not Elohim give man IN THE BEGINNING authority over ALL THE
EARTH? I ask you, who denies the word? The disagreement resides in a
dogma and belief system and if you live in sin, this is your belief
for only in Yahweh does one have righteousness by his forgiveness and
so as the Messiah taught:

Mar 11:23 “For truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be
removed and be thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart,
but believes that what he says, shall be done, he shall have whatever
he says.

I do not speak of “my ability” but the ability of YAHWEH in which
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. I am unable until I acknowledge first that I
must align with the will of the source first.

Joh 5:30 “Of Myself I am unable to do any matter. As I hear, I judge,
and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own desire, but
the desire of the Father who sent Me.
Joh 5:31 “If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true.

Joh 12:28 “Father, esteem Your Name.” Then a voice came from the
heaven, “I have both esteemed it and shall esteem it again.”

Allow your heavenly Father to esteem his name in YOU again…

Mar 16:17 “And these signs shall accompany the ones who believe: In My
Name they shall cast out demons, they shall speak with renewed
tongues,

I hope you will take some time to make your own ministry of strength
post and share it with me.

Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)
Respond directly:
http://groups.google.com/group/messianicYehoshua

Many a man's strength is in opposition, and when he faileth, he grows
out of use.
Francis Bacon

Evil is the moment when I lack the strength to be true to the Good
that compels me.
Alain Badiou

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation,
nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi

http://messianicyehoshua.googlegroups.com/web/RNKJV_W.zip <--free
download of the Restored Names King James Version
RWKnapp
2009-11-11 20:29:08 UTC
Post by guardian Snow
Post by guardian Snow
[...]
You lie like your father the devil. You may not use the words "your
belief system is wrong" then in about any other way, you do say just
that, and then try to point out your not really saying such. You are
the one here doing the arguing and teaching false statements, as Satan
would have you do.
Phil
2009-11-14 06:30:44 UTC
Post by guardian Snow
Post by guardian Snow
[...]
would have you do.- Hide quoted text -
And Raymond Knapp knows Satan because he
has been serving him for many years.

Phillip Ray Holmes
***@yahoo.com
RWKnapp
2009-11-14 21:47:36 UTC
Post by guardian Snow
Post by guardian Snow
[...]
If serving the Devil into Hell and serving Him the Judgement of liars
and folk like this Phillip, to the fires of Hell, now or later all the
followers of Satan will be served a place in the Lake of Fire, and I
have no problem leading them to such a place. For them that serve
Satan and do his works of evil, they will be punish as Phillip Ray
Holmes know very well as he goes down that path.
guardian Snow
2009-11-18 11:41:36 UTC
Post by RWKnapp
Post by guardian Snow
Post by guardian Snow
[...]
How Christian of you. If you are the example, let me be nothing like
you.
RWKnapp
2009-11-23 11:08:12 UTC
Post by RWKnapp
Post by guardian Snow
Post by guardian Snow
[...]
followers of Satan will be served a place in the Lake of Fire! I
have no problem leading them to such a place.  For them that serve
Satan and do his works of evil, they will be punish as Phillip Ray
Holmes know very well as he goes down that path.
When a person refuses Jesus as Lord and saviour that is their choice
and the Christian should show them or lead them to what hell is like,
so they may repent and turn from their sins. If one does not lead
them to such a place to see and know what will happen to them, they
are no better then the sinner is. The word REPENT points to what to
repent of. Seems like many do not like that word and do not want to
hear of hell or judgement, the Bible leads one to the Heaven or Hell,
we are to lead them so they can select what eternally will be for
them. Care not, and they have no chance to find the peace and
forgiveness that only Jesus Christ can give and does to them that
choose life and not death.
How Christian of you.  If you are the example, let me be nothing like
you
Thank you. Yes, it is True Christian not the kind you seem to want to
be, you can not be like me, until you repent and accept Jesus Christ
as Lord and Saviour. Jesus will come as Judge and then it is too late
to change your mind. Phillip Ray has already made statements as being
no longer a Christian and his hate for them that are is on record,
such hate is what leads him down the path to Hell. It looks like you
also want to follow such a path. In your way and post, it is sure you
are nothing like me or any true born again Christian.

Thanks for showing your true colors, denying the Lord Jesus Christ is
all one needs to do, to enter the door to Hell. Not a good choice,
then it is your choice.

Raymond
Barry OGrady
2009-11-23 12:41:28 UTC
Post by RWKnapp
Post by RWKnapp
Post by guardian Snow
[...]
Your God repented and it did us no good.
Post by RWKnapp
How Christian of you.  If you are the example, let me be nothing like
you
Thank you. Yes, it is True Christian not the kind you seem to want to
be, you can not be like me, until you repent and accept Jesus Christ
as Lord and Saviour.
We don't want to be liike you Raytard.
Post by RWKnapp
Jesus will come as Judge and then it is too late
to change your mind.
Jesus has no right to judge.
Post by RWKnapp
Phillip Ray has already made statements as being
no longer a Christian and his hate for them that are is on record,
such hate is what leads him down the path to Hell. It looks like you
also want to follow such a path. In your way and post, it is sure you
are nothing like me or any true born again Christian.
Thanks for showing your true colors, denying the Lord Jesus Christ is
all one needs to do, to enter the door to Hell. Not a good choice,
then it is your choice.
Its the only choice. Being with God for eternity would be worse than
hell.
Post by RWKnapp
Raymond
=-=-=
Barry
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
guardian Snow
2009-11-24 14:08:03 UTC
Post by Barry OGrady
How Christian of you.  If you are the example, let me be nothing like
you
Thank you.  Yes, it is True Christian not the kind you seem to want to
be, you can not be like me, until you repent and accept Jesus Christ
as Lord and Saviour.
We don't want to be liike you Raytard.
Even atheist can figure it out... something just doesn't connect with
them Barry, we may not agree but at least I understand where you come
from even if we hold different beliefs. I choose to be an example,
not just one who says, do as I say, not as I do.
guardian Snow
2009-11-24 17:19:27 UTC
“Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut
through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can
understand. If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you
develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception,
it is a prevailing attitude. Leadership is solving problems. The day
soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped
leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or
concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.”
Colin Powell

Religion cannot be simply a dogma that we go practice on a day of the
week so that we can condemn all the losers [supposedly all those who
don’t subscribe to a belief] to hell that don’t believe as we do. We
must be willing to find patterns that have stopped us from being the
person we should be, not excuses to continue bad behavior. “Human
need psychology” includes finding the tools we need to help other
people.

“Where focus goes, energy flows.” The Messiah said this same mantra
like this:

Mat 6:21 “For where your treasure is, there your heart shall be also.
Mat 6:22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is
good, all your body shall be enlightened.

The eye being the part of our body that speaks of focus. A man does
not go into the light by being focused on the darkness of the abyss.
You will not quit smoking by fixating on cigarettes or any other
behavior you do not want to continue! We continually do the things we
do not desire to do because we fixate on the negative (quitting)
instead of the positive behavior that we desire. We empower the things
we focus on and by removing focus from these objects, we move forward
towards our goal. We must be focused on our goal, which being healthy
as the goal for cigarette smokers (for example) being the correct
focus, not quitting. If we train our minds to quit smoking, our
brains react by telling the body to continually quit.

In the example of the smoker, they should consider that they do not
smoke at night, not because they are non smokers at night but because
they do not think about smoking while they sleep. They remove the
power of focus from smoking to sleep. If they continued this practice
during the day of not empowering the things that they don’t desire by
thinking about “quit smoking” and focus on the things they do desire,
it would be automatic. Clean up the area, remove the temptation and
then stop focusing on the problem and think about anything else.

Mat 6:23 “But if your eye is evil, all your body shall be darkened.
If, then, the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that
darkness!

You will not find the savior in a horror picture and the spirit is not
given out in measure..

Joh 3:34 “For He whom Elohim has sent speaks the Words of Elohim, for
Elohim does not give the Spirit by measure.

…and so you must reject that which does not edify the manifestation of
the spirit of light and truth.

Mat 6:24 “No one is able to serve two masters, for either he shall
hate the one and love the other, or else he shall cleave to the one
and despise the other. You are not able to serve Elohim and mammon.

You must FOCUS on that which you desire to manifest and be singular in
this goal.

Mat 5:14 “YOU are the light of the world. It is impossible for a city
to be hidden on a mountain.

“I am the light”. Light is used as an analogy to explain the effects
of spirit. Smile and the world smiles with you is another axiom to
illustrate spirit. Spirit spreads and is infectious on all those
around you and so maintaining positive spirit must be our focus in the
now. The next recognition is, that YOU are the light and effect all
those around you by that light [positive spirit] within you. If you
are the light then no darkness [evil] can dwell inside of you but do
not delude yourself, light does not reside in the darkness.

Mat 5:16 “Let your light so shine before men, so that they see your
good works and praise your Father who is in the heavens.

Your good works do not including sitting around watching horror movies
and playing violent video games or singing evil lyrics that pollute
your being. If you focus on death and evil, you become darkness and
if you focus on goodness, you will become that goodness, it’s that
simple. Change the way you look at things and the things you look at
change.

The failure of most is the first recognition that all has been given
into YOUR hands.

Psa 82:6 I, I said, “You are elohim, And ALL of you are sons of the
Most High.
Psa 82:7 “But as men you die, And fall as one of the heads.”

You are the sovereign of your destiny for whom else but a sovereign
has authority to choose life and death?

Deu 30:19 “I have called the heavens and the earth as witnesses today
against you: I have set before you life and death, the blessing and
the curse. Therefore you shall choose life, so that you live, both you
and your seed,

If then, you have been delivered the choice; you have either passively
acted [subconsciously] on a choice of death in not choosing life or
not believed or worse still, lied to yourself.

Tony Robbins says, “If you do what you've always done, you'll get what
you've always gotten. A real decision is measured by the fact that
you've taken a new action. If there's no action, you haven't truly
decided. It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is
shaped.” And he is right.

Aldous Huxley says, “We protect our minds by an elaborate system of
abstractions, ambiguities, metaphors and similes from the reality we
do not wish to know too clearly; we lie to ourselves, in order that we
may still have the excuse of ignorance, the alibi of stupidity and
incomprehension, possessing which we can continue with a good
conscience to commit and tolerate the most monstrous crimes:

The poor wretch who has learned his only prayers From curses, who
knows scarcely words enough To ask a blessing from his Heavenly
Father, Becomes a fluent phraseman, absolute And technical in
victories and defeats, And all our dainty terms for fratricide; Terms
which we trundle smoothly o’er our tongues Like mere abstractions,
empty sounds to which We join no meaning and attach no form! As if the
soldier died without a wound: As if the fibers of this godlike frame
Were gored without a pang: as if the wretch Who fell in battle, doing
bloody deeds, Passed off to Heaven translated and not killed; As
though he had no wife to pine for him, No God to judge him.”
Stop telling lies to yourself and focus on the truth and this truth
will set you free.

Joh 8:32 and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you
free.”

The lies we tell ourselves only work to keep up mired in self
delusion.

In conclusion, if these thoughts help you in any way, I’d like to ask
that you join our public forum at:

http://groups.google.com/group/messianicYehoshua
A public forum for those who believe.

Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)

Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that
smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.
Lord Byron

Tony Robbins
Barry OGrady
2009-11-26 05:45:21 UTC
You must be the sun god.

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
guardian Snow
2009-11-26 10:11:14 UTC
Post by Barry OGrady
You must be the sun god.
It's good to see you have a good sense of humor Barry. I hope you
have a great day:)
guardian Snow
2009-11-26 13:09:10 UTC
Preventing suicide is something that at one point in all of our lives
might affect each of us. Every person is responsible for all the good
within the scope of his abilities, and for no more, and none can tell
whose sphere is the largest. In dealing with suicidal people it is
better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing perfectly.

Unfortunately, I have met several people that were suicidal and I
haven’t always been successful in spotting and correcting the behavior
patterns but I have learned as Robert H. Schuller said, “Always look
at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost.” This view
of saving human life can assist us when we are confronted by those
seeking to do harm to themselves and their families.

A friend of mine Paul, came to me in drunken tears after breaking up
with his girlfriend and told me that he wanted to go drive off a
cliff. I said, “Who’s going to raise your son when you’re swimming
with the fishes?” A simple reminder that he loved his son changed his
mood.

Mat 5:29 “And if your right eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out
and throw it away from you. For it is better for you that one of your
members perish, than for your entire body to be thrown into Gehenna.

Many people take this passage literally instead of a figurative
passage that speaks to gaining leverage over the focus of your being
because they simply do not understand. Something no sane or rational
person would do is pluck out their own eye and it’s one of the
teachings of the Messiah that is frequently bypassed because it is not
understood.

Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for
to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they
satisfy you. To save another person’s life is as simple as being
observant and looking for the cries for help, listening for the signs.

The word leverage is defined, “In negotiation, leverage is a measure
of which side, at any given moment, has a greater ability to influence
the other side.” And also defined as, “Strategic advantage; power to
act effectively”

Another way of speaking about leverage is to have an advantage over
another person by use of information, much like blackmail is used as
leverage.

In making major behavior changes with people who are disturbed, one
must interrupt the pattern of the person, gain that “strategic
advantage” and then replace the old thought with a new pattern, one
that gives them reason to continue which effectively changes the
blueprint an individual has laid out for themselves.

For some reason, people get it into their minds that they must do
things a certain way do to social conditioning. The idea of suicide
prevention is to make the consequences of the bad behavior too
unbearable for the person contemplating death and that is where
leverage comes in. Leverage can come in almost any form depending on
the belief system of the individual and it is different for people
based on their belief system. While punishment of a deity might work
for religious people, clearly this will not trigger a good response
from atheist. The love of family members might work but if a person
feels isolated, this may not help.

Ask questions and keep them talking and one good question to ask them
is, “What was the happiest moment of your life?” You can learn a lot
about people by asking them questions and sooner or later you find a
lever that you can pull to convince them that death is not an option
because it never is and the results are that they can go on to help
other people. Remember the life you save may not be just that
persons, they may save your life some day.

If any of you have any good experiences you’d like to share on the
topic, I would appreciate it.

Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail. Though we travel the world over to find the
beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://groups.google.com/group/messianicYehoshua <-- please join
Bear
2009-11-23 14:49:00 UTC
Post by RWKnapp
Post by RWKnapp
Post by guardian Snow
[...]
If it must be a Christian that leads them to hell, I am sure Raymond
could do an outstanding job.
Post by RWKnapp
so they may repent and turn from their sins. If one does not lead
them to such a place to see and know what will happen to them, they
are no better then the sinner is.
Are you volunteering to be the one that is going to "lead them to such
a place"?
Surely, you desire to be better than the sinner, he Raymond?
Post by RWKnapp
The word REPENT points to what to
repent of.
Yep, that is a fact, lying and falsely accusing are examples. However,
those two evidently are not in Raymond's Bible.

Bear or, for you Raymond, tevans9129
Raymond
guardian Snow
2009-11-24 14:01:54 UTC
How Christian of you.  If you are the example, let me be nothing like
you
Thank you.  Yes, it is True Christian not the kind you seem to want to
be, you can not be like me,
I have zero desire to be like you. It seems you have trouble
understanding that. It is better to practice what you preach then be
party to a collective that think they can behave like demons and
preach a faith they spend there lives defending when the truth need
not be defended.
until you repent and accept Jesus Christ
as Lord and Saviour.
You seem to think I have done something worthy of repentance and how
many times will you continue to ignore your own scriptures and your
supposed deity who said:

Joh 4:24 “Elohim is Spirit, and those who worship Him need to worship
in spirit and truth.”
Joh 5:37 “And the Father WHO SENT ME, He bore witness of Me. You have
neither heard His voice at any time, NOR SEEN HIS FORM.

Joh 5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word and
believes in HIM WHO SENT ME possesses everlasting life, and DOES NOT
come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

I believe Messiah Yehoshua and believe on the one who sent him,
YAHWEH. The one who in his time of tribulation, he called out to:

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Yahushua cried with a loud voice,
saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My Elohim, my
Elohim, why hast thou forsaken me?

The ALMIGHTY has authority and does not need it GIVEN to him.

Mat 28:18 And Yehoshua came and spake unto them, saying, All power is
GIVEN unto me in heaven and in earth.

The ALMIGHTY does not sit at the RIGHT HAND of POWER:

Christians have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that “Jesus”
properly named Yehoshua was not the Almighty Creator. This happens
because they reside in a translation of scriptures that removes the
name of our Almighty creator from scriptures. One of the many clear
examples is here:

Mat 22:43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him
Lord, saying,
Mat 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till
I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Now we know from v. 43 this is quoting Psalm 110 but what is hidden
from Christian eyes is the fact that it clearly says, “Lord” in lower
case letters. The restored passage of Psalm reads:

Psa 110:1 YAHWEH said unto my Master, Sit thou at my RIGHT HAND, until
I make thine enemies thy footstool.2 YAHWEH shall send the rod of thy
strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

Where did his master sit? At his right hand… what does Yehoshua
teach?

Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and
be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my
RIGHT HAND, and on my left, is NOT MINE TO GIVE, but it shall be GIVEN
TO THEM for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Only YHWH can give title and authority to sit at his right hand.
Yehoshua did not have authority to give what was not his to give.

Mar 10:40 But to sit on my RIGHT HAND and on my left hand is NOT MINE
TO GIVE; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.

Confirmed by two witnesses!

Mar 14:62 And Yehoshua said, I am and ye shall see the Son of man
sitting on the RIGHT HAND of power, and coming in the clouds of
heaven.

Mar 16:19 So then after Yehoshua had spoken unto them, he was received
up into heaven, and sat on the RIGHT HAND of YAHWEH.

We see that just as Psalm 110 reads, the Messiah sits at the RIGHT
HAND of Power, YHWH!

Isa 45:15 Truly You are El, who hide Yourself, O Elohim of IsraEL,
Saviour!

"Jesus will come as Judge and then it is too late"

Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him
not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Why do you not believe your own deity?

Joh 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my
judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of
the Father which hath sent me.
Joh 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

http://groups.google.com/group/messianicYehoshua

Come post a message please, I'd love to hear from you. While this is
a moderated forum, the only moderation will be to remove spam.
Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)

Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost.
Robert H. Schuller

http://www.isr-messianic.org/ <- download the scriptures free

Luk 9:5 “And as for those who do not receive you, when you go out of
that city, shake off the dust from your feet as a witness against
them.” 6 And going out they went through the villages, bringing the
Good News and healing everywhere.

http://messianicyehoshua.googlegroups.com/web/RNKJV.zip <--free
download of the Restored Names King James Version

Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and
responsibility to give something back by becoming more.
Tony Robbins

Some people hate and expect affection
Some people lie and demand the truth
I gotta ask myself if it's soul deception
Is this the natural thing that we all just do

We take such pleasure from pain,
I'm just tired of playing that game
Some things you've got to change

Chorus:
You've got to stand and deliver, with your body and soul
Stand and deliver, just give me something to hold
Stand and deliver, if the truth can be told
We can make it together, if we stand - stand and deliver
guardian Snow
2009-11-21 07:20:22 UTC
It should be noted that what I say here are things extremely hard to
put into practice in our own life because we must disregard what we
know as “common sense” for the teachings of Messiah.
“I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to
fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves
refuse to go to war.”
Albert Einstein
I hesitate to enter this conversation, mainly because my views on the
subject are not as clear to me as they should be. I abhor violence and
war. But I also understand it is evil to allow injustice when it is
possible to stop it.
First off, I’m glad to see that you do have the courage to enter your
opinion in this discussion. Violence is a serious issue and I’m
grateful to discuss the topic of somebody of your caliber of faith,
even if we disagree on topics.

I suppose it becomes necessary to define the type of violent behavior,
defensive and aggressive. Defensive violence such the apprehension of
criminals by law enforcement should always be respected in my opinion
but the professional police officer with proper tools at his/her
disposal should hardly ever need to employ deadly force.
If someone is attacking the innocent, is it wrong
to use violence against violence unselfishly?
The law says that equal force for the detaining and apprehension of
criminals is required.
The stereotypical
situation is a man defending his wife and children. Should he allow
them to be harmed?
You assume that violence is the only solution to defending your family
because of your conditioning but this is why Americans believe in the
right to bear arms with the idea that intruders can be held at the
threat of gun point without the need for actual violence.

Mat 26:52 Then יהושע [Yehoshua] said to him, “Return your sword to its
place, for all who take the sword shall die by the sword.
If he uses violence he may also be laying down his
life for his family. Is that evil or is it the highest form of love?
Mat 10:37 “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of
Me, and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

No, according to scriptures, the highest form of love is love of
Elohim Yahweh which is always put first before the love of neighbor as
the second greatest command. It’s assumed you love your own:

Mat 5:46 “For if you love those loving you, what reward have you? Are
the tax collectors not doing the same too?

The issues that you are raising are according to our secular beliefs,
not our religious beliefs which are why I believe you have such a hard
time with the issue.
As Jesus said, greater love has no man than to lay down his life for
his friends.
Lay down his life in the example of the Messiah didn’t include him
attacking anybody in self defense and you are attempting to reason
from your own perspective. Can you imagine Yehoshua the soldier
attacking anybody even for his own mother? His entire ministry was
non violence:

Mat 5:39 but I say to you, do not resist the wicked. But whoever slaps
you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

Can you imagine the Messiah attacking any person for any reason?
"So conquer we must, when our cause it is just, and this be our motto,
in God is our trust". - from a verse of the Star Spangled Banner.
Interestingly, the self-declared "militant pacificist" quoted above
was also the author of a letter to FDR concerning development of the
first atom bomb. Einstein the pacifist knew that if the Allies did not
have the bomb first, tyranny would then conquer freedom.
The Bible tells us there is a time for every purpose under heaven.
That includes times of peace and times of war. I hate war.
It does not say every purpose is righteous or that these times are a
call for your action. You are adding your own definition to the
times. Just because there is a time for war does not mean I should
participate, only that these things happen in their seasons.
Any sane
person should. But common sense declares that complete refusal to act
with force is not the way to love those who cannot defend themselves.
In reading what you said, “common sense” stood out to me and the
knowledge of Yehoshua is not common because you are called to a higher
standard as priest and sovereigns of Elohim.

1Pe 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up, a spiritual
house, a set-apart priesthood, to offer up spiritual slaughter
offerings acceptable to Elohim through יהושע [Yehoshua] Messiah.

The question one such as yourself should be asking is “What would
Jesus do?” and you basically just called the Messiah INSANE! In
asking that question, do you think you would find the Messiah watching
violent movies and television? Do you think Yehoshua would be at the
next opening of Friday the 13th part 2 in 3-D or Saw or Nightmare on
Elm Street 2010? When Peter sought to defend the innocent Messiah,
did he not tell him to put away the sword and he did not resist evil
even though he had authority to call down all the messengers of the
heavens, including what you know as the “angel of death” to fight for
him and still he willingly gave the example to suffer like a lamb led
to slaughter….
It is unjust to turn ones back on violence to the innocent. So I
believe there must be causes worth fighting for.
Ever seen sheep fight back when a lamb’s neck is being sliced open
right before them?

1Pe 2:21 For to this you were called, because Messiah also suffered
for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps,

Is it your accusation that Elohim does not protect the innocent? I
found no example of the Messiah fighting with anybody. The closest
found in scriptures is:

Joh 2:15 And having made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the
Set-apart Place, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the
moneychangers’ coins and overturned the tables.

I would point out that it doesn’t say he whipped the people and this
could just as easily have been that he snapped it at them to drive
them out and he used non-lethal force to do it.
Very tough topic. Those are some of my thoughts.
You’ve got that right brother! I am so grateful that you had the
courage to inject those thoughts with honesty. Think long and hard
about that because unfortunately there are no applications of the New
Testament that directly speak to crime and war and the closest I can
determine to serve is:

Mat 10:16 “See, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves.
Therefore be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

In determining how our behavior should be we should consider the
behavior of sheep!

Flee, not fight
Sheep are a prey animal. When they are faced with danger, their
natural instinct is to flee not fight. Their strategy is to use
avoidance and rapid flight to avoid being eaten.

Safety in numbers
After fleeing, sheep will reform their group and look at the predator.
They use their natural herding instinct to band together for safety. A
sheep that is by itself is vulnerable to attack.

Never a straight line
Sheep tracks are never straight. The winding of trails allows sheep to
observe their backside first with one eye, then the other. Sheep can
spot dogs or other perceived forms of danger from 1,200 to 1,500 yards
away.

Keen senses
Sheep have excellent senses. Their wide angle of vision allows them to
see predators. They can direct their ears to the direction of sound.
They are very sensitive to what different predators smell like.

Pain
Sheep have an amazing tolerance for pain. They do not show pain,
because if they do, they will be more vulnerable to predators that
look for those who are weak or injured.

http://www.sheep101.info/bahavior.html

"What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the
harvest of action."
Meister Eckhart

Num 6:24 “Yahweh bless you and guard you;
Num 6:25 Yahweh make His face shine upon you, and show favour to you;
Num 6:26 Yahweh lift up His face upon you, and give you peace.” ’

Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)

“Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a
soul.”
Wayne Dyer

guardian Snow
2009-11-23 06:19:01 UTC
Aldous Huxley, Essays: Words and Behavior

Words form the thread on which we string our experiences. Without them
we should live spasmodically and intermittently. Hatred itself is not
so strong that animals will not forget it, if distracted, even in the
presence of the enemy. Watch a pair of cats, crouching on the brink of
a fight. Balefully the eyes glare; from far down in the throat of each
come bursts of a strange, strangled noise of defiance; as though
animated by a life of their own, the tails twitch and tremble. With
aimed intensity of loathing! Another moment and surely there must be
an explosion. But no; all of a sudden one of the two creatures turns
away, hoists a hind leg in a more than fascist salute and, with the
same fixed and focused attention as it had given a moment before to
its enemy, begins to make a lingual toilet. Animal love is as much at
the mercy of distractions as animal hatred.

The dumb creation lives a life made up of discreet and mutually
irrelevant episodes. Such as it is, the consistency of human
characters is due to the words upon which all human experiences are
strung. We are purposeful because we can describe our feelings in
rememberable words, can justify and rationalize our desires in terms
of some kind of argument. Faced by an enemy we do not allow an itch to
distract us from our emotions; the mere word “enemy” is enough to keep
us reminded of our hatred, to convince us that we do well to be
angry.

Similarly the word “love” bridges for us those chasms of momentary
indifference and boredom which gape from time to time between even the
most ardent lovers. Feeling and desire provide us with our motive
power; words give continuity to what we do and to a considerable
extent determine our direction. Inappropriate and badly chosen words
vitiate thought and lead to wrong or foolish conduct.

Most ignorances are vincible, and in the greater number of cases
stupidity is what the Buddha pronounced it to be, a sin. For,
consciously, or subconsciously, it is with deliberation that we do not
know or fail to understand — because incomprehension allows us, with a
good conscience, to evade unpleasant obligations and responsibilities,
because ignorance is the best excuse for going on doing what one
likes, but ought not, to do. Our egotisms are incessantly fighting to
preserve themselves, not only from external enemies, but also from the
assaults of the other and better self with which they are so
uncomfortably associated.

Ignorance is egotism’s most effective defense against that Dr. Jekyll
in us who desires perfection; stupidity, its subtlest stratagem. If,
as so often happens, we choose to give continuity to our experience by
means of words which falsify the facts, this is because the
falsification is somehow to our advantage as egotists.

Consider, for example, the case of war. War is enormously
discreditable to those who order it to be waged and even to those who
merely tolerate its existence. Furthermore, to developed sensibilities
the facts of war are revolting and horrifying. To falsify these facts,
and by so doing to make war seem less evil than it really is, and our
own responsibility in tolerating war less heavy, is doubly to our
advantage. By suppressing and distorting the truth, we protect our
sensibilities and preserve our selfesteem.

Now, language is, among other things, a device which men use for
suppressing and distorting the truth. Finding the reality of war too
unpleasant to contemplate, we create a verbal alternative to that
reality, parallel with it, but in quality quite different from it.
That which we contemplate thenceforward is not that to which we react
emotionally and upon which we pass our moral judgments, is not war as
it is in fact, but the fiction of war as it exists in our pleasantly
falsifying verbiage. Our stupidity in using inappropriate language
turns out, on analysis, to be the most refined cunning. The most
shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are
individual human beings, and that these individual human beings are
condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be
murdered in quarrels not their own, to inflict upon the innocent and,
innocent themselves of any crime against their enemies, to suffer
cruelties of every kind.

The language of strategy and politics is designed, so far as it is
possible, to conceal this fact, to make it appear as though wars were
not fought by individuals drilled to murder one another in cold blood
and without provocation, but either by impersonal and therefore wholly
non-moral and impassible forces, or else by personified abstractions.
Here are a few examples of the first kind of falsification. In place
of “cavalrymen” or “foot-soldiers” military writers like to speak of
“sabres” and “rules.” Here is a sentence from a description of the
Battle of Marengo: “According to Victor’s report, the French retreat
was orderly; it is certain, at any rate, that the regiments held
together, for the six thousand Austrian sabres found no opportunity to
charge home.”

The battle is between sabres in line and muskets in Echelon — a mere
clash of ironmongery.

On other occasions there is no question of anything so vulgarly
material as ironmongery. The battles are between Platonic ideas,
between the abstractions of physics and mathematics. Forces interact;
weights are flung into scales; masses are set in motion. Or else it is
all a matter of geometry. Lines swing and sweep; are protracted or
curved; pivot on a fixed point. Alternatively the combatants are
personal, in the sense that they are personifications. There is “the
enemy,” in the singular, making “his” plans, striking “his” blows. The
attribution of personal characteristics to collectivities, to
geographical expressions, to institutions, is a source, as we shall
see, of endless confusions in political thought, of innumerable
political mistakes and crimes.

Personification in politics is an error which we make because it is to
our advantage as egotists to be able to feel violently proud of our
country and of ourselves as belonging to it, and to believe that all
the misfortunes due to our own mistakes are really the work of the
Foreigner. It is easier to feel violently toward a person than toward
an abstraction; hence our habit of making political personifications.

In some cases military personifications are merely special instances
of political personifications. A particular collectivity, the army or
the warring nation, is given the name and, along with the name, the
attributes of a single person, in order that we may be able to love or
hate it more intensely than we could do if we thought of it as what it
really is: a number of diverse individuals.

In other cases personification is used for the purpose of concealing
the fundamental absurdity and monstrosity of war. What is absurd and
monstrous about war is that men who have no personal quarrel should be
trained to murder one another in cold blood. By personifying opposing
armies or countries, we are able to think of war as a conflict between
individuals. The same result is obtained by writing of war as though
it were carried on exclusively by the generals in command and not by
the private soldiers in their armies. (“Rennenkampf had pressed back
von Schubert.”) The implication in both cases is that war is
indistinguishable from a bout of fisticuffs in a bar room. Whereas in
reality it is profoundly different. A scrap between two individuals is
forgivable; mass murder, deliberately organized, is a monstrous
iniquity.

We still choose to use war as an instrument of policy; and to
comprehend the full wickedness and absurdity of war would therefore be
inconvenient. For, once we understood, we should have to make some
effort to get rid of the abominable thing. Accordingly, when we talk
about war, we use a language which conceals or embellishes its
reality. Ignoring the facts, so far as we possibly can, we imply that
battles are not fought by soldiers, but by things, principles,
allegories, personified collectivities, or (at the most human) by
opposing commanders, pitched against one another in single combat.

For the same reason, when we have to describe the processes and the
results of war, we employ a rich variety of euphemisms. Even the most
violently patriotic and militaristic are reluctant to call a spade by
its own name. To conceal their intentions even from themselves, they
make use of picturesque metaphors. We find them, for example,
clamoring for war planes numerous and powerful enough to go and
“destroy the hornets in their nests” — in other words, to go and throw
thermite, high explosives and vesicants upon the inhabitants of
neighboring countries before they have time to come and do the same to
us. And how reassuring is the language of historians and strategists!
They write admiringly of those military geniuses who know “when to
strike at the enemy’s line” (a single combatant deranges the
geometrical constructions of a personification); when to “turn his
flank”; when to “execute an enveloping movement.” As though they were
engineers discussing the strength of materials and the distribution of
stresses, they talk of abstract entities called “man power” and “fire
power.” They sum up the long-drawn sufferings and atrocities of trench
warfare in the phrase, “a war of attrition”; the massacre and mangling
of human beings is assimilated to the grinding of a lens.

A dangerously abstract word, which figures in all discussions about
war, is “force.” Those who believe in organizing collective security
by means of military pacts against a possible aggressor are
particularly fond of this word. “You cannot,” they say, “have
international justice unless you are prepared to impose it by force.”
“Peace-loving countries must unite to use force against aggressive
dictatorships.” “Democratic institutions must be protected, if need
be, by force.” And so on.

Now, the word “force,” when used in reference to human relations, has
no single, definite meaning. There is the “force” used by parents
when, without resort to any kind of physical violence, they compel
their children to act or refrain from acting in some particular way.
There is the “force” used by attendants in an asylum when they try to
prevent a maniac from hurting himself or others. There is the “force”
used by the police when they control a crowd, and that other “force”
which they used in a baton charge. And finally there is the “force”
used in war. This, of course, varies with the technological devices at
the disposal of the belligerents, with the policies they are pursuing,
and with the particular circumstances of the war in question. But in
general it may be said that, in war, “force” connotes violence and
fraud used to the limit of the combatants’ capacity. Variations in
quantity, if sufficiently great, produce variations in quality. The
“force” that is war, particularly modern war, is very different from
the “force” that is police action, and the use of the same abstract
word to describe the two dissimilar processes is profoundly
misleading. (Still more misleading, of course, is the explicit
assimilation of a war, waged by allied League-of-Nations powers
against an aggressor, to police action against a criminal. The first
is the use of violence and fraud without limit against innocent and
guilty alike; the second is the use of strictly limited violence and a
minimum of fraud exclusively against the guilty.)

Reality is a succession of concrete and particular situations. When we
think about such situations we should use the particular and concrete
words which apply to them. If we use abstract words which apply
equally well (and equally badly) to other, quite dissimilar
situations, it is certain that we shall think incorrectly. Let us take
the sentences quoted above and translate the abstract word “force”
into language that will render (however inadequately) the concrete and
particular realities of contemporary warfare. “You cannot have
international justice, unless you are prepared to impose it by force.”
Translated, this becomes: “You cannot have international justice
unless you are prepared, with a view to imposing a just settlement, to
drop thermite, high explosives and vesicants upon the inhabitants of
foreign cities and to have thermite, high explosives and vesicants
dropped in return upon the inhabitants of your cities.” At the end of
this proceeding, justice is to be imposed by the victorious party —
that is, if there is a victorious party. It should be remarked that
justice was to have been imposed by the victorious party at the end of
the last war. But, unfortunately, after four years of fighting, the
temper of the victors was such that they were quite incapable of
making a just settlement.

The Allies are reaping in Nazi Germany what they sowed at Versailles.
The victors of the next war will have undergone intensive bombardments
with thermite, high explosives and vesicants. Will their temper be
better than that of the Allies in 1918? Will they be in a fitter state
to make a just settlement? The answer, quite obviously, is: No. It is
psychologically all but impossible that justice should be secured by
the methods of contemporary warfare. The next two sentences may be
taken together. “Peace-loving countries must unite to use force
against aggressive dictatorships. Democratic institutions must be
protected, if need be, by force.” Let us translate. “Peace-loving
countries must unite to throw thermite, high explosives and vesicants
on the inhabitants of countries ruled by aggressive dictators. They
must do this, and of course abide the consequences, in order to
preserve peace and democratic institutions.” Two questions immediately
propound themselves. First, is it likely that peace can be secured by
a process calculated to reduce the orderly life of our complicated
societies to chaos? And, second, is it likely that democratic
institutions will flourish in a state of chaos? Again, the answers are
pretty clearly in the negative.

By using the abstract word “force,” instead of terms which at least
attempt to describe the realities of war as it is today, the preachers
of collective security through military collaboration disguise from
themselves and from others, not only the contemporary facts, but also
the probable consequences of their favorite policy. The attempt to
secure justice, peace and democracy by “force” seems reasonable enough
until we realize, first, that this noncommittal word stands, in the
circumstances of our age, for activities which can hardly fail to
result in social chaos; and second, that the consequences of social
chaos are injustice, chronic warfare and tyranny.

The moment we think in concrete and particular terms of the concrete
and particular process called “modern war,” we see that a policy which
worked (or at least didn’t result in complete disaster) in the past
has no prospect whatever of working in the immediate future. The
attempt to secure justice, peace and democracy by means of a “force,”
which means, at this particular moment of history, thermite, high
explosives and vesicants, is about as reasonable as the attempt to put
out a fire with a colorless liquid that happens to be, not water, but
petrol.

What applies to the “force” that is war applies in large measure to
the “force” that is revolution. It seems inherently very unlikely that
social justice and social peace can be secured by thermite, high
explosives and vesicants. At first, it may be, the parties in a civil
war would hesitate to use such instruments on their fellow-countrymen.
But there can be little doubt that, if the conflict were prolonged (as
it probably would be between the evenly balanced Right and Left of a
highly industrialized society), the combatants would end by losing
their scruples. The alternatives confronting us seem to be plain
enough. Either we invent and conscientiously employ a new technique
for making revolutions and settling international disputes; or else we
cling to the old technique and, using “force” (that is to say,
thermite, high explosives and vesicants), destroy ourselves. Those
who, for whatever motive, disguise the nature of the second
alternative under inappropriate language, render the world a grave
disservice. They lead us into one of the temptations we find it
hardest to resist — the temptation to run away from reality, to
pretend that facts are not what they are. Like Shelley (but without
Shelley’s acute awareness of what he was doing) we are perpetually
weaving, “A shroud of talk to hide us from the sun Of this familiar
life.”

[...]

The language we use about war is inappropriate, and its
inappropriateness is designed to conceal a reality so odious that we
do not wish to know it. The language we use about politics is also
inappropriate; but here our mistake has a different purpose. Our
principal aim in this case is to arouse and, having aroused, to
rationalize and justify such intrinsically agreeable sentiments as
pride and hatred, self-esteem and contempt for others. To achieve this
end we speak about the facts of politics in words which more or less
completely misrepresent them. The concrete realities of politics are
individual human beings, living together in national groups.

Politicians — and to some extent we are all politicians — substitute
abstractions for these concrete realities, and having done this,
proceed to invest each abstraction with an appearance of concreteness
by personifying it. For example, the concrete reality of which
“Britain” is the abstraction consists of some forty-odd millions of
diverse individuals living on an island off the west coast of Europe.
The personification of this abstraction appears, in classical fancy-
dress and holding a very large toasting fork, on the backside of our
copper coinage; appears in verbal form, every time we talk about
international politics. “Britain,” the abstraction from forty millions
of Britons, is endowed with thoughts, sensibilities and emotions, even
with a sex — for, in spite of John Bull, the country is always a
female. Now, it is of course possible that “Britain” is more than a
mere name — is an entity that possesses some kind of reality distinct
from that of the individuals constituting the group to which the name
is applied. But this entity, if it exists, is certainly not a young
lady with a toasting fork; nor is it possible to believe (though some
eminent philosophers have preached the doctrine) that it should
possess anything in the nature of a personal will.

One must agree with T. H. Green that “there can be nothing in a
nation, however exalted its mission, or in a society however perfectly
organized, which is not in the persons composing the nation or the
society. . . We cannot suppose a national spirit and will to exist
except as the spirit and will of individuals.” But the moment we start
resolutely thinking about our world in terms of individual persons we
find ourselves at the same time thinking in terms of universality.
“The great rational religions,” writes Professor Whitehead, “are the
outcome of the emergence of a religious consciousness that is
universal, as distinguished from tribal, or even social. Because it is
universal, it introduces the note of solitariness.” (And he might have
added that, because it is solitary, it introduces the note of
universality.) “The reason of this connection between universality and
solitude is that universality is a disconnection from immediate
surroundings.”

And conversely the disconnection from immediate surroundings,
particularly such social surrounding as the tribe or nation, the
insistence on the person as the fundamental reality, leads to the
conception of an all-embracing unity. A nation, then, may be more than
a mere abstraction, may possess some kind of real existence apart from
its constituent members. But there is no reason to suppose that it is
a person; indeed, there is every reason to suppose that it isn’t.
Those who speak as though it were a person (and some go further than
this and speak as though it were a personal god) do so, because it is
to their interest as egotists to make precisely this mistake.

In the case of the ruling class these interests are in part material.
The personification of the nation as a sacred being, different from
and superior to its constituent members, is merely (I quote the words
of a great French jurist, Léon Duguit) “a way of imposing authority by
making people believe it is an authority de jure and not merely de
facto.” By habitually talking of the nation as though it were a person
with thoughts, feelings and a will of its own, the rulers of a country
legitimate their own powers. Personification leads easily to
deification; and where the nation is deified, its government ceases to
be a mere convenience, like drains or a telephone system, and,
partaking in the sacredness of the entity it represents, claims to
give orders by divine right and demands the unquestioning obedience
due to a god.

Rulers seldom find it hard to recognize their friends. Hegel, the man
who elaborated an inappropriate figure of speech into a complete
philosophy of politics, was a favorite of the Prussian government. “Es
ist,” he had written, “es ist der Gang Gottes in der Welt, das der
Staat ist.” The decoration bestowed on him by Frederick William III
was richly deserved. Unlike their rulers, the ruled have no material
interest in using inappropriate language about states and nations. For
them, the reward of being mistaken is psychological. The personified
and deified nation becomes, in the minds of the individuals composing
it, a kind of enlargement of themselves. The superhuman qualities
which belong to the young lady with the toasting fork, the young lady
with plaits and a brass soutien-gorge, the young lady in a Phrygian
bonnet, are claimed by individual Englishmen, Germans and Frenchmen as
being, at least in part, their own. Dulce et decorum est pro patria
mori. But there would be no need to die, no need of war, if it had not
been even sweeter to boast and swagger for one’s country, to hate,
despise, swindle and bully for it. Loyalty to the personified nation,
or to the personified class or party, justifies the loyal in indulging
all those passions which good manners and the moral code do not allow
them to display in their relations with their neighbors.

The personified entity is a being, not only great and noble, but also
insanely proud, vain and touchy; fiercely rapacious; a braggart; bound
by no considerations of right and wrong. (Hegel condemned as
hopelessly shallow all those who dared to apply ethical standards to
the activities of nations. To condone and applaud every iniquity
committed in the name of the State was to him a sign of philosophical
profundity.) Identifying themselves with this god, individuals find
relief from the constraints of ordinary social decency, feel
themselves justified in giving rein, within duly prescribed limits, to
their criminal proclivities. As a loyal nationalist or party-man, one
can enjoy the luxury of behaving badly with a good conscience. The
evil passions are further justified by another linguistic error — the
error of speaking about certain categories of persons as though they
were mere embodied abstractions.

Foreigners and those who disagree with us are not thought of as men
and women like ourselves and our fellow-countrymen; they are thought
of as representatives and, so to say, symbols of a class. In so far as
they have any personality at all, it is the personality we mistakenly
attribute to their class — a personality that is, by definition,
intrinsically evil. We know that the harming or killing of men and
women is wrong, and we are reluctant consciously to do what we know to
be wrong. But when particular men and women are thought of merely as
representatives of a class, which has previously been defined as evil
and personified in the shape of a devil, then the reluctance to hurt
or murder disappears.

Brown, Jones and Robinson are no longer thought of as Brown, Jones and
Robinson, but as heretics, gentiles, Yids, niggers, barbarians, Huns,
communists, capitalists, fascists, liberals — whichever the case may
be. When they have been called such names and assimilated to the
accursed class to which the names apply, Brown, Jones and Robinson
cease to be conceived as what they really are — human persons — and
become for the users of this fatally inappropriate language mere
vermin or, worse, demons whom it is right and proper to destroy as
thoroughly and as painfully as possible. Wherever persons are present,
questions of morality arise.

Rulers of nations and leaders of parties find morality embarrassing.
That is why they take such pains to depersonalize their opponents. All
propaganda directed against an opposing group has but one aim: to
substitute diabolical abstractions for concrete persons. The
propagandist’s purpose is to make one set of people forget that
certain other sets of people are human. By robbing them of their
personality, he puts them outside the pale of moral obligation. Mere
symbols can have no rights — particularly when that of which they are
symbolical is, by definition, evil.

Politics can become moral only on one condition: that its problems
shall be spoken of and thought about exclusively in terms of concrete
reality; that is to say, of persons. To depersonify human beings and
to personify abstractions are complementary errors which lead, by an
inexorable logic, to war between nations and to idolatrous worship of
the State, with consequent governmental oppression.

All current political thought is a mixture, in varying proportions,
between thought in terms of concrete realities and thought in terms of
depersonified symbols and personified abstractions. In the democratic
countries the problems of internal politics are thought about mainly
in terms of concrete reality; those of external politics, mainly in
terms of abstractions and symbols. In dictatorial countries the
proportion of concrete to abstract and symbolic thought is lower than
in democratic countries.

Dictators talk little of persons, much of personified abstractions,
such as the Nation, the State, the Party, and much of depersonified
symbols, such as Yids, Bolshies, Capitalists. The stupidity of
politicians who talk about a world of persons as though it were not a
world of persons is due in the main to self-interest.

In a fictitious world of symbols and personified abstractions, rulers
find that they can rule more effectively, and the ruled, that they can
gratify instincts which the conventions of good manners and the
imperatives of morality demand that they should repress. To think
correctly is the condition of behaving well. It is also in itself a
moral act; those who would think correctly must resist considerable
temptations.
(From The Olive Tree)

http://danassays.wordpress.com/collected-essays-by-aldous-huxley/aldous-huxley-essays-words-and-behavior/
vince garcia
2009-11-11 01:45:01 UTC
Post by guardian Snow
Post by RWKnapp
Post by RWKnapp
[...]
makes no sense at all. Â Rather than wait for the fox watching the hen
house, we should be individually responsible for what we watch and
buy… In other words, “If you don’t like the show, change the
channel”.
True believers do just that, seems you hang around with false teachers
and so you end up with such problems.
From wars to spousal abuse, violence dominates society. So many of us

RWKnapp
2009-11-11 20:22:29 UTC
Post by RWKnapp
Post by RWKnapp
Post by guardian Snow
[...]
From wars to spousal abuse, violence dominates society.  So many of us
are raised in the conflict view of society that says, “I’m right and
unless you agree with me, you’re an idiot” or “anti-christ”.
Ecc 1:2  Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities;
all is vanity.
Have you lost your mind? Who are these "So many of us" you don't
speak for others, and such is not related to the true believers in
Christ Jesus. Who are those you generalized that say one is an idiot
or antichrist? Is that members of your worship group?
Brennan Manning a Catholic priest, who was later quoted by Christian
music group DC Talk said,   " The Greatest single cause of Atheism in
the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an
unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
So a Priest has an opinion and has freedom to speak, it is one persons
remark out of Billions of people.
I doubt that people realize or consider the ramifications of their
actions.  More often then not people spend the time they have looking
at everybody else and being the judge of them so that they don’t have
to face the problems in their own lives.
So what is your point? Lots of nothing and what someone else say is
not your problem.
What I find shocking is that while these are message boards about
religion, the main topic on most people’s minds are the other people
that post and religion is usually a subtitle or a weapon to be lashed
Why are you shocked, you just did that here and do that in most of
your messages. If you are shocked then you need to get a mental check
up, as you may need some medicine or a time in a mental ward. If
people like you would leave the these newsgroups there may be no
messages like you are shocked in reading or posting.

[snip out the trash as that is all you seem to be able to post and
then are shocked and it is shocking.]

Raymond
Snow
2009-12-04 12:28:13 UTC
“I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I
am opposed to is a rash war.”
Barack Obama

Why are we at war in Afghanistan and Iraq? Can anybody really tell me?
Eight years ago, we entered these countries under the excuse of
retaliatory for the 9/11 attacks but that was 2001 and this is almost
9 years later. Saddam Hussein is dead and gone; there are no weapons
of mass destruction and President Obama promised to end the war and
yet, here we are a year after he’s been elected and more troops are
being deployed.

“The surge troops have been deployed to Afghanistan by the end of
Summer 2010, the total number of US troops there will be around
98,000, the highest level yet. When President Obama took office, that
number was 32,000.”

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/12/wh-no-additional-troops-to-afghanistan-beyond-surge.html

Instead of ending war, he has double the number of armed soldiers and
will soon triple the number from Bush administration levels and we
have nobody asking, “WHY”?

“All war is based on deception.”
Sun Tzu

From the second Obama won the Presidency, the international media
stopped the daily body counts and broadcasting the war protesters and
stopped asking, “Why are we at war?” They no longer cared because the
propaganda against the Bush administration had put their Manchurian
candidate in office.

To be fair, I never understood from day one, why we went to war in the
first place and to be honest, I don’t care.

Knowing that just the “Defense” budget would feed, clothe, transport,
educate and house one sixth the entire world population makes me
scratch my head at the vast amounts of debt America is buried under to
support these travesties, no… crimes against humanity. I think if
we created trade opportunity instead of bombs, the world might think a
little better of us but the tragic reality of the real world is that
people like to lie to themselves and label human beings as statistics
so that they don’t have to think about the reality that their tax
dollars aren’t really helping the poor unless you consider killing
them a viable option.

We send troops instead of educational book to teach them a better way
of life. The last time I checked the only viable crop in Afghanistan
was opium, so maybe we should be looking at pharmaceutical companies
seeking to control drug production but are poppies really worth
killing for? In Iraq, any layman knows it’s about the oil but I
remember Obama spending a lot of his hype on new technology to remove
this dependency… We’ve had the technology to never use oil ever again
for a dozen years, affordable, reliable and cheap alternatives have
already obsoleted yesterdays economy and still we bail out car makers
and continue corrupt business schemes with a bankrupted economy… What
happened Obama to, “Yes, we can” that you’ve tied up all your
credibility in socialized health care instead of any real reforms???

Americans are reduced to social gossipers talking about how many woman
a golfer slept with instead taking any real steps to change the world…
why? Or if the insane “Octo” mom is going to have still more babies
even though she can’t take care of the bastards she already has being
supported by corporate sponsors. Because nobody is FOCUSED on
solutions to the problems when they are too busy being worried about
if they are going to have access to prescription drugs they don’t even
need.

Religious people don’t seem to give a damn about anything but there
precious dogma and we don’t see any of them stepping up and talking
about real world issues either.

The media continues to push out its defecation of never ending
violence and pointless soap operas and all people seem to care about
is nothing but themselves and if there poor low self esteem is being
insulted as if that matters.

Everything that we need is within reach and all we have to do is wake
up and realize that we can pull our troops out of foreign countries
and let them be… we can decentralize the electric grid and make self
sustaining homes that produce electricity using various methods… we
can take the government OUT of health care and the doctors will be
forced to provide affordable solutions of actually curing sickness
instead just pills that mask symptoms and make pharmaceutical
companies rich. Government isn’t the cure to health care, they are
the people that poison the well in the first place! The welfare
system makes our own government compete against its own working
population and the only people with health care are those on the
government payroll (including the military) and this should be
reversed.

If we can say we are fighting for anything, it’s to support the
corporate controlled media that also owns the military industrial
machine and we are fighting to support corruption, greed and seeking
world domination instead of world peace and that’s nothing worth
fighting for.

I shouldn’t be surprised that on the 20 boards I posted, “The campaign
against violence”, a single person of faith spoke up and he
supported violence.

Num 6:24 “Yahweh bless you and guard you;
Num 6:25 Yahweh make His face shine upon you, and show favour to you;
Num 6:26 Yahweh lift up His face upon you, and give you peace.” ’

Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell

Francis Bacon
Snow
2009-12-07 15:11:44 UTC
Nothing like a dramatic title to get your attention. Welcome to the
campaign AGAINST violence. I'm not going to hurt anybody but I do need
your attention for a moment, please.

“All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can
wrong-doing remain?”
Buddha

If we can’t FOCUS applying scriptures to real life applications, what
use is it? You read the Scriptures, because you think you possess
everlasting life in them but then you convey them to others as a
weapon of attack rather than a defense of life. Titles on Usenet
include:

“Randy Young's evil deeds”
“COMPLAIN ABOUT VERA SIX”
“Ken's perishing mind”
“KELLY the LESBIAN AND PASTOR DAVE”

You get the idea.. Everybody is talking about everybody and here I am
talking about what everybody else is FOCUSed on. This sample post
Philippians 4:8 (King James Version)
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever
things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things
are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Only if the two hate mongers in ACC would simply follow this scripture.
Now, I’m only pointing this out to everybody because the passage says
basically, “FOCUS on things that are lovely, of good report, virtuous
and praise your deity but then Diana changes her focus and makes it
about “two hate mongers” and misses the point of the very thing she is
quoting…

We live in a world with a lot of real problems and the call to action
is that we focus on the solutions of virtue and it is my hope that by
pointing this out, it presents to the reader an awareness of NOW and
forgiveness. Why are we to forgive our brothers seven times seven
times a day?

Mat 18:22 Yehoshua said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven
times, but up to seventy times seven.

Because when I hold on to unforgiveness it only hurts the container…
myself.

“Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is
stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
Mark Twain

The time is NOW to FOCUS on real problems and not each other because
none of you are the problem… You are the solution to the problem and
knowing this gives you the momentum to change, to actually forgive,
forget and speak to aiding people instead of attacking them… if other
people won’t change:

Rev 22:11 “He who does wrong, let him do more wrong; he who is filthy,
let him be more filthy; he who is righteous, let him be more
righteous; he who is set-apart, let him be more set-apart.

I hope that some of you will take this to heart and FOCUS on a
solution and if somebody attacks you, turn the other cheek.

Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that
need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly
live. Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in
finishing an activity but in doing it.
Greg Anderson

Respond directly:
http://groups.google.com/group/messianicYehoshua

http://www.isr-messianic.org/ <- download the scriptures free
http://messianicyehoshua.googlegroups.com/web/RNKJV.zip <--free
download of the Restored Names King James Version

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other
time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that
we seek.
Barack Obama
Barry OGrady
2009-12-07 21:45:43 UTC
Post by Snow
Nothing like a dramatic title to get your attention. Welcome to the
campaign AGAINST violence. I'm not going to hurt anybody but I do need
your attention for a moment, please.
Complain to your deity.

=-=-=