Post by Remail@example.com
This is hysterical. Why not outsource our weapions systems? We
outsourced all of factories and workers.
McCain on the Iraq War
* McCain said winning the war would be “easy.” “I know that as
successful as I believe we will be, and I believe that the success will
be fairly easy, we will still lose some American young men or women.”
* At the 2004 Republican National Convention, McCain, focusing on the
war in Iraq, said that while weapons of mass destruction were not found,
Saddam once had them and “he would have acquired them again.”
* "Make it a hundred" years in Iraq and "that would be fine with me."
[Derry, New Hampshire Town Hall meeting, 1/3/08]
* "Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war."
* McCain on how long troops may remain in Iraq: “A thousand years. A
million years. Ten million years. It depends on the arrangement we have
with the Iraqi government.” [Associated Press, 1/04/08]
McCain on Bush tax cuts
* "I cannot in good conscience support a tax cut in which so many of
the benefits go to the most fortunate among us, at the expense of middle
class Americans who most need tax relief (2001)."
* "But when you look at the percentage of the tax cuts that—as the
previous tax cuts—that go to the wealthiest Americans, you will find
that the bulk of it, again, goes to wealthiest Americans. … A lot of
Americans now are paying a very large a—low and middle-income Americans
are paying a significantly larger amount of their income in taxes. I’d
like to see them get the bulk of the relief (2003)."
* Promised to make the same Bush tax cuts he once opposed permanent
McCain on Healthcare
* John McCain supported President Bush's veto of health care for 10
McCain on evolution
* "I believe in evolution."
McCain on Iran
* "My greatest fear is the Iranians acquire a nuclear weapon and give it
to a terrorist organization. And there is a real threat of them doing
McCain on Chairman Mao
* "Remember the words of Chairman Mao: 'It's always darkest before it's
McCain of Family Values
* "My marriage's collapse was attributable to my own selfishness and
immaturity more than it was to Vietnam, and I cannot escape blame by
pointing a finger at the war. The blame was entirely mine."
MCCain on the Keating 5 scandal
* "The appearance of it was wrong. It's a wrong appearance when a group
of senators appear in a meeting with a group of regulators, because it
conveys the impression of undue and improper influence. And it was the
wrong thing to do."
McCain on torture
* "Waterboarding is a form of torture no matter how it is done and
should be a prohibited among U.S. military interrogation practices . . ."
McCain on economics
* "I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do
about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."
McCain on the Clintons
* "Do you know why Chelsea Clinton is so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her
McCain on immigration reform
* "F**k you! I know more about this than anyone else in the room."
Rush Limbaugh on John McCain
* If I really wanted to torpedo McCain, I would endorse him, because
that would send the independents and liberals that are going to vote for
him running away faster than anything. . . .
Ann Coulter on John McCain
* McCain steamrolled the Republican Senate into adopting yet more
federal restrictions on gun ownership in the juvenile justice bill.
* She'd campaign for Clinton, stating "I think she's stronger on the
war on terrorism." Coulter expressed her opinion that Clinton is much
more conservative than McCain . . .
*"She's smarter than John McCain."
McCain on Aging
* "I'm older than dirt, I've got more scars than Frankenstein, but I've
learned a few things along the way."
McCain on the Estate tax
* "I am concerned that repeal of the estate tax would provide massive
benefits solely to the wealthiest and highest-income taxpayers in the
country. A Treasury Department study found that almost no estate tax has
been paid by lower- and middle-income taxpayers. But taxes have been
paid on the estates of people who were in the highest 20% of the income
distribution at the time of their death. It found that
91% of all estate taxes are paid by the estates of people whose annual
income exceeded $190,000 around the time of their death."
Cindy McCain on political payback
* "Cindy recently admitted that she keeps a “grudge list".