Bush administration gives $40 billion Air Force contract to Airbus
R***@remailer.metacolo.com
2008-03-01 05:15:03 UTC
http://news.google.com/nwshp?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wn&ncl=1131239313&topic=h
Middle Class Warrior
2008-03-01 07:09:37 UTC
Post by R***@remailer.metacolo.com
http://news.google.com/nwshp?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wn&ncl=1131239313&topic=h
This is hysterical. Why not outsource our weapions systems? We
outsourced all of factories and workers.
--
McCain on the Iraq War
* McCain said winning the war would be “easy.” “I know that as
successful as I believe we will be, and I believe that the success will
be fairly easy, we will still lose some American young men or women.”
[CNN, 9/24/02]
* At the 2004 Republican National Convention, McCain, focusing on the
war in Iraq, said that while weapons of mass destruction were not found,
Saddam once had them and “he would have acquired them again.”
* "Make it a hundred" years in Iraq and "that would be fine with me."
[Derry, New Hampshire Town Hall meeting, 1/3/08]
* "Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war."
* McCain on how long troops may remain in Iraq: “A thousand years. A
million years. Ten million years. It depends on the arrangement we have
with the Iraqi government.” [Associated Press, 1/04/08]
McCain on Bush tax cuts
* "I cannot in good conscience support a tax cut in which so many of
the benefits go to the most fortunate among us, at the expense of middle
class Americans who most need tax relief (2001)."
* "But when you look at the percentage of the tax cuts that—as the
previous tax cuts—that go to the wealthiest Americans, you will find
that the bulk of it, again, goes to wealthiest Americans. … A lot of
Americans now are paying a very large a—low and middle-income Americans
are paying a significantly larger amount of their income in taxes. I’d
like to see them get the bulk of the relief (2003)."
* Promised to make the same Bush tax cuts he once opposed permanent
(2008).
McCain on Healthcare
* John McCain supported President Bush's veto of health care for 10
million children.
McCain on evolution
* "I believe in evolution."
McCain on Iran
* "My greatest fear is the Iranians acquire a nuclear weapon and give it
to a terrorist organization. And there is a real threat of them doing
that."
McCain on Chairman Mao
* "Remember the words of Chairman Mao: 'It's always darkest before it's
totally black."
McCain of Family Values
* "My marriage's collapse was attributable to my own selfishness and
immaturity more than it was to Vietnam, and I cannot escape blame by
pointing a finger at the war. The blame was entirely mine."
MCCain on the Keating 5 scandal
* "The appearance of it was wrong. It's a wrong appearance when a group
of senators appear in a meeting with a group of regulators, because it
conveys the impression of undue and improper influence. And it was the
wrong thing to do."
McCain on torture
* "Waterboarding is a form of torture no matter how it is done and
should be a prohibited among U.S. military interrogation practices . . ."
McCain on economics
* "I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do
about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."
McCain on the Clintons
* "Do you know why Chelsea Clinton is so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her
father."
McCain on immigration reform
* "F**k you! I know more about this than anyone else in the room."
Rush Limbaugh on John McCain
* If I really wanted to torpedo McCain, I would endorse him, because
that would send the independents and liberals that are going to vote for
him running away faster than anything. . . .
Ann Coulter on John McCain
* McCain steamrolled the Republican Senate into adopting yet more
federal restrictions on gun ownership in the juvenile justice bill.
* She'd campaign for Clinton, stating "I think she's stronger on the
war on terrorism." Coulter expressed her opinion that Clinton is much
more conservative than McCain . . .
*"She's smarter than John McCain."
McCain on Aging
* "I'm older than dirt, I've got more scars than Frankenstein, but I've
learned a few things along the way."
McCain on the Estate tax
* "I am concerned that repeal of the estate tax would provide massive
benefits solely to the wealthiest and highest-income taxpayers in the
country. A Treasury Department study found that almost no estate tax has
been paid by lower- and middle-income taxpayers. But taxes have been
paid on the estates of people who were in the highest 20% of the income
distribution at the time of their death. It found that
91% of all estate taxes are paid by the estates of people whose annual
income exceeded $190,000 around the time of their death."
Cindy McCain on political payback
* "Cindy recently admitted that she keeps a “grudge list".
Salad
2008-03-01 07:41:44 UTC
Post by Middle Class Warrior
Post by R***@remailer.metacolo.com
http://news.google.com/nwshp?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wn&ncl=1131239313&topic=h
This is hysterical. Why not outsource our weapions systems? We
outsourced all of factories and workers.
Freedom fries, my ass...you Republican dupes.

Well, it does make sense we'd give the contract to some foreign county.
We owe everybody. So we do some trading to keep our creditors happy.
DeserTBoB
2008-03-01 08:26:20 UTC
On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 07:09:37 GMT, Middle Class Warrior
Post by Middle Class Warrior
Post by R***@remailer.metacolo.com
http://news.google.com/nwshp?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wn&ncl=1131239313&topic=h
This is hysterical. Why not outsource our weapions systems? We
outsourced all of factories and workers. <snip>
Now watch Boeing start leaking info about those phonied-up B767s that
flew into the WTC towers. The conspiracy nutters will be frothing for
months!

The Bushies are basically saying it's OK to shut down US-based
military hardware plants and "offshore" the production, by using
big-time GOP contributor Northrop-Grumman as a "shell US company." The
planes will be built in France. This is political favoritism to
Sarkozy and to France for electing a righttard. Bush wanted to get it
in the mill before any chance that Hillary could stop it. Obama's
completely clueless on the issue, so no threat there.
Salad
2008-03-01 13:38:02 UTC
Post by DeserTBoB
On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 07:09:37 GMT, Middle Class Warrior
Post by Middle Class Warrior
Post by R***@remailer.metacolo.com
http://news.google.com/nwshp?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wn&ncl=1131239313&topic=h
This is hysterical. Why not outsource our weapions systems? We
outsourced all of factories and workers. <snip>
Now watch Boeing start leaking info about those phonied-up B767s that
flew into the WTC towers. The conspiracy nutters will be frothing for
months!
The Bushies are basically saying it's OK to shut down US-based
military hardware plants and "offshore" the production, by using
big-time GOP contributor Northrop-Grumman as a "shell US company." The
planes will be built in France.
While chomping on a freedom fry, I have to wonder about your statement.
I thought they were going to be made in Mobile, AL.

Post by DeserTBoB
Sarkozy and to France for electing a righttard.
Maybe they had better specs than Boeing's specs.

Bush wanted to get it
Post by DeserTBoB
in the mill before any chance that Hillary could stop it. Obama's
completely clueless on the issue, so no threat there.
I don't think bush had much to do with this. This might be more like a
Toyota thing...or maybe a union thing.
R***@remailer.metacolo.com
2008-03-01 16:00:03 UTC
Post by Salad
Post by DeserTBoB
On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 07:09:37 GMT, Middle Class Warrior
Post by Middle Class Warrior
Post by R***@remailer.metacolo.com
http://news.google.com/nwshp?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wn&ncl=1131239313&topic=h
This is hysterical. Why not outsource our weapions systems? We
outsourced all of factories and workers. <snip>
The Bushies are basically saying it's OK to shut down US-based
military hardware plants and "offshore" the production, by using
big-time GOP contributor Northrop-Grumman as a "shell US company." The
planes will be built in France.
While chomping on a freedom fry, I have to wonder about your statement.
I thought they were going to be made in Mobile, AL.
No, they're going to be MADE in Toulouse.
Mobile will be a 'completion center'.
You've been diddled by Dubbya once again.
Post by DeserTBoB
Sarkozy and to France for electing a righttard.
Maybe they had better specs than Boeing's specs.
They did.
Airbus has taken the lead in aircraft quality.
This contract will help to ensure that Airbus KEEPS that lead.
Post by Salad
I don't think bush had much to do with this. This might be more like a
Toyota thing...or maybe a union thing.
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
'It's all Clinton's fault!'

That's not working anymore.
Governor Swill
2008-03-02 06:16:15 UTC
Post by DeserTBoB
Post by Middle Class Warrior
This is hysterical. Why not outsource our weapions systems? We
outsourced all of factories and workers. <snip>
Now watch Boeing start leaking info about those phonied-up B767s that
flew into the WTC towers. The conspiracy nutters will be frothing for
months!
The Bushies are basically saying it's OK to shut down US-based
military hardware plants and "offshore" the production, by using
big-time GOP contributor Northrop-Grumman as a "shell US company." The
planes will be built in France. This is political favoritism to
Sarkozy and to France for electing a righttard. Bush wanted to get it
in the mill before any chance that Hillary could stop it. Obama's
completely clueless on the issue, so no threat there.
Your wrongness is almost complete. Construction will be roughly 50/50
between the US and Europe. Is Northrop involved in the design or
manufacture of those Boeing planes? As far as political favoritism,
it may well be a nod to France, but less for electing a conservative
than for electing a leader who understands that trying to minimize US
influence in world affairs is a failure in the making for European
security.

Swill
--
THIS is how we have to win the Iraq War
http://www.wheelchairsforiraqikids.com/
Fafnir
2008-03-02 18:45:27 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Your wrongness is almost complete. Construction will be roughly 50/50
between the US and Europe.
You made that up, right?

Otherwise, you'd have provided a cite.

The nose of the airplane will be made by Airbus in France.

The wings will be made by Airbus in the UK.

The fuselage will be made by Airbus in Germany.

Spin 'til you're dizzy, those jobs are going to Europe, not to the USA.

We can only hope that the next Administration will overturn this decision.

And that's why we have to ensure that the next Administration is not Republican.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200803011545DOWJONESDJONLINE000448_FORTUNE5.htm
John Galt
2008-03-01 12:57:33 UTC
Post by R***@remailer.metacolo.com
http://news.google.com/nwshp?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wn&ncl=1131239313&topic=h
This is hysterical. Why not outsource our weapions systems? We outsourced
all of factories and workers.
They didn't give the contract to Airbus. They gave it to Northrup. EADS is a
subcontractor to Northrup, and will build the planes in Mobile.

JG
Nebuchadnezzar II
2008-03-01 13:32:32 UTC
Post by John Galt
Post by R***@remailer.metacolo.com
http://news.google.com/nwshp?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wn&ncl=1131239313&topic=h
This is hysterical. Why not outsource our weapions systems? We outsourced
all of factories and workers.
They didn't give the contract to Airbus. They gave it to Northrup. EADS is
a subcontractor to Northrup, and will build the planes in Mobile.
The plane it's based on is the Airbus A330-200, so Airbus got the contract
by proxy. The planes will be turned into tankers in AL, but all of the
parts which make up the basic airframe are pure European.
John Galt
2008-03-01 14