Wow. Finally some truth
Fredric L. Rice
2005-01-19 08:14:26 UTC
Screw you, America
Sometimes the fish in the barrel deserve to die
BY CLIF GARBODEN

America speaks with one voice. Unfortunately, it emanates from its
ass.

— Barry Crimmins

DON’T FORGIVE my anger. All this needs to be said. And I know that as
soon as that stiff-faced to-the-manure-born right-wing lackey in the
White House tries to appoint a 21st-century counterpart to Roy Bean to
the Supreme Court in a few weeks, more people are going to wish they’d
said it sooner. John Kerry fucked up. More important, America fucked
up. And the people who fucked up the most — you infamous red-staters —
are going to suffer along with the rest of us. To put it in lingo a
NASCAR devotee would understand, "Y’all deserve a good talkin’-to."

John F. Kerry, you’re first.

In your befuddling concession speech, you actually called for unity
and healing. Sounds good, clown, but can’t you even imagine for a
second that the people who supported you so zealously for the past
five months might just see that insincere gesture of good
sportsmanship as a betrayal? See, unlike you pols, we voters actually
believe in shit. We believe that George W. Bush and his henchpeople
are a real threat to the survival of democracy. We believe that
they’re killing people for profit. And we believe that they don’t have
a goddamn clue about forfending terrorism on US soil.

That’s not a position gap; that’s an ideological gash. And it’s not
going to heal, because, unlike you expedient professional
truth-manipulators, I’m not prepared to meet the enemies of freedom
halfway just because you lost the election. Your speechwriters might
see the Bush administration’s failings as nothing more than convenient
fodder for your campaign blather, but the GOP junta’s sins don’t go
away just because decrying them no longer serves your ambitions. Last
week they were the imperialist pigs who misled us into war and you
were the savior. Now we’re the goddamn Getalong Gang?! Screw that.
Fight back or shut up.

Now, the rest of you ...

A lot of us effete Easterners want to know: what the fuck is wrong
with you?! You voted against your self-interest at every turn (you
dumb-asses in South Dakota deserve special credit for voting out one
of the most powerful Democrats in the Senate) and re-elected an
ignorant cowboy who can’t be trusted to remember a lunch order, never
mind run a country. What in the name of God ...?! Wait, it was in the
name of God, wasn’t it? Rendered weak and ignorant by a spoon-fed
climate of fear, you slack-jawed inbred flatlanders have sought refuge
in the traditional twin towers of mindlessness — jingoistic patriotism
and fundamentalist religion. God’s on your side. Like hell. Jesus
loves us, dammit.

Okay, you want God? Let’s talk about God. Your religion is bogus.
Fundamentalism, the facile belief in the unexplained and
un-researched, is something you born-agains (couldn’t get it right the
first time, huh?) share with Al Qaeda, whose ideologues doggedly
adhere to religious misinterpretations every bit as silly and
dangerous as yours. Just like you, Muslim fundamentalists long to
impose an unrealistic and intolerant pseudo-Calvinist morality on the
world. In fact, America’s religious right has so much in common with
the Shiah, it’s a wonder you guys don’t invite them to join the
Rotary. Born-againsters look for the face of Christ in the wallpaper;
fundamentalist Muslims hallucinate the voice of the 12th Imam; but
aside from that (and extremely divergent attitudes toward pork), you
both hate the same stuff — homosexuality, pacifism, Jews, education,
uppity women, enlightenment, short skirts, gangsta rap, tattoos,
infidels ... (They also share your love of super-lethal weaponry.)

much more
http://www.portlandphoenix.com/features/other_stories/multi2/documents/04258175..asp

---
Stop Elmer Fudd web site: http://www.ElmerFudd.US/
Covert text file server: http://www.notserver.com/
Scientology crooks: http://sf.irk.ru/www/ot3/otiii-gif.html
The Last Liberal / ShyDavid / Desertphile
2005-01-19 17:11:48 UTC
Post by Fredric L. Rice
Screw you, America
Sometimes the fish in the barrel deserve to die
BY CLIF GARBODEN
http://www.portlandphoenix.com/features/other_stories/multi2/documents/04258175.asp

Alas, it saddens me to see how right he is. I wish his
condemnation was not appropreate and not needed.

---
http://lastliberal.org
Guns don't kill people: Republicans kill people.

"I have been getting valgarity messages, I thought you would like to
know. LIke this, and consider this one, also sacrigious too." --
Marguerite Kendall
Fred Stone
2005-01-19 21:38:17 UTC
Post by Fredric L. Rice
Post by Fredric L. Rice
Screw you, America
Sometimes the fish in the barrel deserve to die
BY CLIF GARBODEN
http://www.portlandphoenix.com/features/other_stories/multi2/documents
/
Post by Fredric L. Rice
04258175.asp
Alas, it saddens me to see how right he is. I wish his
condemnation was not appropreate and not needed.
Hey, no problem, just resign yourselves to losing elections for the
forseeable future...
--
Fred Stone
aa# 1369
Support bacteria! That's all the culture many people will ever have.
The Last Liberal / ShyDavid / Desertphile
2005-01-19 23:49:22 UTC
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:38:17 +0000 (UTC), Fred Stone
Post by Fred Stone
Post by Fredric L. Rice
Post by Fredric L. Rice
Screw you, America
Sometimes the fish in the barrel deserve to die
BY CLIF GARBODEN
http://www.portlandphoenix.com/features/other_stories/multi2/documents
04258175.asp
Alas, it saddens me to see how right he is. I wish his
condemnation was not appropreate and not needed.
Hey, no problem, just resign yourselves to losing elections for the
forseeable future...
I have never run of any public office, nor do I plan to.
Post by Fred Stone
--
Fred Stone
aa# 1369
Support bacteria! That's all the culture many people will ever have.
---
http://lastliberal.org
Guns don't kill people: Republicans kill people.

"He's a Christian. The right to violate your rights is one of his
rights." -- Enkidu AA# 2165
Hector Plasmic
2005-01-21 15:27:51 UTC
Post by The Last Liberal / ShyDavid / Desertphile
Post by Fred Stone
Post by The Last Liberal / ShyDavid / Desertphile
Alas, it saddens me to see how right he is. I wish his
condemnation was not appropreate and not needed.
Hey, no problem, just resign yourselves to losing elections
for the forseeable future...
I have never run of any public office, nor do I plan to.
"If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve. POW!"
(Firesign Theater, anyone?)

I caught an ad for some radio talk show yesterday that cracked me up.
I'll have to paraphrase: "We want the democrats out of our wallets,
the republicans out of our bedrooms, and both out of our first and
second amendment rights." Cool. And don't get your church in my
peanut butter.
Walter Bushell
2005-01-21 21:03:29 UTC
Post by Fred Stone
Post by The Last Liberal / ShyDavid / Desertphile
Alas, it saddens me to see how right he is. I wish his
condemnation was not appropreate and not needed.
Hey, no problem, just resign yourselves to losing elections
for the forseeable future...
I have never run of any public office, nor do I plan to.
"If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve. POW!"
(Firesign Theater, anyone?)
I caught an ad for some radio talk show yesterday that cracked me up.
I'll have to paraphrase: "We want the democrats out of our wallets,
the republicans out of our bedrooms, and both out of our first and
second amendment rights." Cool. And don't get your church in my
peanut butter.
"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the cumming of the lord."
--
Guns don't kill people; automobiles kill people.